• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Electricity and Magnetism

Reaction score
AOA..i need some explanation regarding the working,usage and application of reed switch,reed relay, thermistor,capacitor and simple circuit breaker..i would really appreciate if anyone could provide some notes or outline their working....

Reaction score
AOA..i need some explanation regarding the working,usage and application of reed switch,reed relay, thermistor,capacitor and simple circuit breaker..i would really appreciate if anyone could provide some notes or outline their working....
Reed switch nd relay both involve electro magnetic induction. Current is supplied to a coil that then magnetises, causing the two wires in a reed switch to join which then completes the circuit nd causes the appliance to work. Same goes for relay in which the external circuit is either switched on or off by completion of a circuit nd movement of iron lever that is pivoted.
Capacitor is device that stores charges and then discharges wen it reaches a certain voltage. Thermistor is known for its resistance decreases wen heat increases.