• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

EDEXCEL or CAMBRIDGE A Levels

Reaction score
on what bases do you choose if you want to continue A levels as Cambridge or Edexcel AS/A levels ? and which one of those is more widely accepted ?

Reaction score
If you are a parrot follow Edexcel, if your brain is sharp and concept is clear but you can't learn anything by heart take CIE!

so what u are saying is that edexcel is all about memorizing and Cambridge is understanding . thanks then !!! i guess CIE here i come :D

Reaction score
well i disagree with that specific suggestion but..the syllabus is different n the types of quesitons r different too, so y not take a luk at the papers n compare them?
n also in the colleges, how the terms r divided will also be different as in edexcel n in cambridge.
Cambridge is divided into AS and A2 n for example lets say i have taken AS exam which consists of paper 1 and 6 n i ruined paper 6 then i cant retake the paper 6 but i have to reatke with paper 1
whereas in edexcel, u can only redo paper 6 n make the result better if u get me!