• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Edexcel M2 June 2013 How Was It!!!

Reaction score
So you differentiate the eq for v to get acceleration and equate it to 0 right?
Differentiate and equate to zero, get t=3.5, sub this back in and get a speed of 4.5. Next, since you know the curve is shaped like a parabola, the max speed will either be this minimum point or either side of the boundary, so you need to find v when t is 0 and 4 and deduce which one is biggest

Reaction score
Differentiate and equate to zero, get t=3.5, sub this back in and get a speed of 4.5. Next, since you know the curve is shaped like a parabola, the max speed will either be this minimum point or either side of the boundary, so you need to find v when t is 0 and 4 and deduce which one is biggest
Damn, that looks like a bit too much work for that question, anyway most people must of for it wrong, everyone I asked got 4.5

Reaction score
Damn, that looks like a bit too much work for that question, anyway most people must of for it wrong, everyone I asked got 4.5
It was five marks, it wasnt merely going to be diferentiating a quadratic and subbing back in a value, especially not at A2 level!
But yes, I think about 50% of people would not realise that the bounds can also have max speed

Reaction score
It was five marks, it wasnt merely going to be diferentiating a quadratic and subbing back in a value, especially not at A2 level!
But yes, I think about 50% of people would not realise that the bounds can also have max speed

what have u got so fat for all the math modules u have done?

me

c1 100
c2 100
c3 100
m1 98
s1 87

Reaction score
1)2.69ms
2)a)166j b) 13.7
3)a) t=5 and t=2
B)v=20 (loads will put 4.5 because they'll forget to check t=0 and t=4)
C) distance is 24m (graph crossed x axis so had to integrate between 4 and 2 then 2 and 0 like the June 13 c2 question)
4)a) 0.5m bellow O
B) angle was 10.9 degrees
5)a) show that question, you'll know if you've got it right
B) vertical component=mg(2b-3acos^2theta)/b
Horizontal component= 3amgcosthetasintheta/b
C)a/b=2/3
6)a)7.23ms
B)53 degrees
C)4.3ms (about this, might not be exact)
7)a) show that
B) speed of q is 0, speed of r is 0.525U
C) speed of separation is speed of q+speed of r, which was 0.05(speed of q) I think, can't remember this one

for question 3c i found the displacement at 4s and the displacement after 2 seconds and added that up, is that what was meant to be done.

Reaction score
Ecf is very rare with edexcel papers. I'd assume you'd gain all the method marks but definitely lose all the answer marks. Sorry, but you don't get error carried forward for an incorrect method, only for a misread in the question, such as thinking a speed was 5.1 when it's 1.5, however method marks are merely for showing you kind of know what to do, so I'd expect you'd get all of them at least.

i got 6a wrong and 6b and 6c use the answer of part a
will i lose all marks or only lose marks for part a????

Reaction score
In Q 3 c I directly integrated using a range from 0 to 4. My integration was correct though.How much marks am I supposed to lose?
And Q 7 b and c both my answers were correct but I forgot to substitute the value of e. How much am I supposed to lose here? :cry:
Please answer.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Very easy exam. Sure, some questions which required a bit of knowledge, but that's what being an A grade candidate is all about. Definite 75/75, most people in my group agreed it was one of the easier exams.
mann everybody aint genius like u.....75/75 is ******* impossible...