• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Edexcel M2 June 2013 How Was It!!!

Reaction score
1)2.69ms
2)a)166j b) 13.7
3)a) t=5 and t=2
B)v=20 (loads will put 4.5 because they'll forget to check t=0 and t=4)
C) distance is 16m (graph crossed x axis so had to integrate between 4 and 2 then 2 and 0 like the June 13 c2 question)
4)a) 0.5m bellow O
B) angle was 10.9 degrees
5)a) show that question, you'll know if you've got it right
B) vertical component=mg(2b-3acos^2theta)/b
Horizontal component= 3amgcosthetasintheta/b
C)a/b=2/3
6)a)7.23ms
B)53 degrees
C)4.3ms (about this, might not be exact)
7)a) show that
B) speed of q is 0, speed of r is 0.525U
C) speed of separation is speed of q+speed of r, which was 0.05(speed of q) I think, can't remember this one

Hey for q6 when i was finding u2 for some stupid reason I put 2u^2 -1/2u^2= 0.5u^2=78.4 which is obviously wrong will the give me a mark for the correct working and only subtract 1 mark for the answer and as I carried my error forward as i get wrong value for u will they give me marks for part c as i also carried out the correct working

Reaction score
Hey for q6 when i was finding u2 for some stupid reason I put 2u^2 -1/2u^2= 0.5u^2=78.4 which is obviously wrong will the give me a mark for the correct working and only subtract 1 mark for the answer and as I carried my error forward as i get wrong value for u will they give me marks for part c as i also carried out the correct working
Ecf is very rare with edexcel papers. I'd assume you'd gain all the method marks but definitely lose all the answer marks. Sorry, but you don't get error carried forward for an incorrect method, only for a misread in the question, such as thinking a speed was 5.1 when it's 1.5, however method marks are merely for showing you kind of know what to do, so I'd expect you'd get all of them at least.

Reaction score
Ecf is very rare with edexcel papers. I'd assume you'd gain all the method marks but definitely lose all the answer marks. Sorry, but you don't get error carried forward for an incorrect method, only for a misread in the question, such as thinking a speed was 5.1 when it's 1.5, however method marks are merely for showing you kind of know what to do, so I'd expect you'd get all of them at least.
Kl thanks dude, thanks yo your mark scheme I know I didn't do as badly as I though. btw you say I got 5c right but I couldn't simplyfy it to 2/3 i got 2mg/3mgcos@ i think is that right?

Reaction score
Kl thanks dude, thanks yo your mark scheme I know I didn't do as badly as I though. btw you say I got 5c right but I couldn't simplyfy it to 2/3 i got 2mg/3mgcos@ i think is that right?
No I don't think so. You might get a few method marks though. I've uploaded some working for you so you can decide how you think you've done. If anyone else wants me to show you how to do a question, feel free to ask.
I should point out that the fourth line I think, should be over 3a, not just 3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
Reaction score
No I don't think so. You might get a few method marks though. I've uploaded some working for you so you can decide how you think you've done. If anyone else wants me to show you how to do a question, feel free to ask.

Thank you

Reaction score
1)2.69ms
2)a)166j b) 13.7
3)a) t=5 and t=2
C) distance is 24m (graph crossed x axis so had to integrate between 4 and 2 then 2 and 0 like the June 13 c2 question)
4)a) 0.5m bellow O
C)a/b=2/3
6)a)7.23ms
B)53 degrees
7)a) show that
C) speed of separation is speed of q+speed of r, which was 0.05(speed of q) I think, can't remember this one

What do you think the grade boundaries will be?

Reaction score
What do you think the grade boundaries will be?
Definitely not much lower than June 2012, but I doubt it'll be higher. It was pretty easy apart from a few very hard questions worth about 6 marks each. If you didnt have sound ability I believe there was about 15 marks you just wouldn't be able to do. This is what happens when they have to use a replacement paper because someone steals the originals lol

Reaction score
Definitely not much lower than June 2012, but I doubt it'll be higher. It was pretty easy apart from a few very hard questions worth about 6 marks each. If you didnt have sound ability I believe there was about 15 marks you just wouldn't be able to do. This is what happens when they have to use a replacement paper because someone steals the originals lol

that really annoyed me because i only found about that earlier today but yh i think i got 65/75. Using the june 2012 grade boundaries and the ums convertor it is showing me that i would get 91 A*

Reaction score
I fucked up because i forgot how to work out the area of a pentgon and so i lost the 11 marks for that question plus a few marks for stupid errors i lost around 24 marks. So annoyed about the pentagon thing had it not been for that I would have lost around 13 marks to get 62.
Goodbye A* for maths :(

Reaction score

can u answer the centre of mass question please model solution please!!!

Reaction score
I fucked up because i forgot how to work out the area of a pentgon and so i lost the 11 marks for that question plus a few marks for stupid errors i lost around 24 marks. So annoyed about the pentagon thing had it not been for that I would have lost around 13 marks to get 62.
Goodbye A* for maths :(

same here man i lost about the same!

Good Bye Cambridge, Hello McDonald's

Reaction score
1)2.69ms
2)a)166j b) 13.7
3)a) t=5 and t=2
C) distance is 24m (graph crossed x axis so had to integrate between 4 and 2 then 2 and 0 like the June 13 c2 question)
4)a) 0.5m bellow O
C)a/b=2/3
6)a)7.23ms
B)53 degrees
7)a) show that

How many marks would i lose for writing my final answer as 4.5ms-1 for 3b

Reaction score
Do you guys reckon I'd lose all the marks for putting 4.5 instead of 20?
How many marks would i lose for writing my final answer as 4.5ms-1 for 3b
I'm assuming you'd get 1 for correct differentiation/completing the square to find minimum point and one for finding the value there. You'll get 2/5 max for that.
can u answer the centre of mass question please model solution please!!!
Please see attached file

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Reaction score
1)2.69ms
2)a)166j b) 13.7
3)a) t=5 and t=2
4)a) 0.5m bellow O
C)a/b=2/3
6)a)7.23ms
B)53 degrees
7)a) show that

For q 3b, why would you use t=0, the range was 1<t<4 wasn't it?

Reaction score
I'm assuming you'd get 1 for correct differentiation/completing the square to find minimum point and one for finding the value there. You'll get 2/5 max for that.

Please see attached file

thanks man, tbh i wanted atleast 90 ums i prob got about 75ums