• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Edexcel M2 June 2013 How Was It!!!

Reaction score
how did every one find the exam?????????????????

tbh it was a hard paper, what everyone else s thoughts??

Reaction score
Very easy exam. Sure, some questions which required a bit of knowledge, but that's what being an A grade candidate is all about. Definite 75/75, most people in my group agreed it was one of the easier exams.

Reaction score
a couple of thing i would just like to say; :mad: :mad: :mad:
1) You have just made the account today to act as a F*cking W4nker and to post useless Crap.
2) Go ROT In Hell :mad:
I'm sorry if you feel that way, I'm just confident in how I did. And yes I made an account just because you can't talk about the exam on tsr yet. I don't see how it was difficult or why you're getting upset, I'm merely expressing my own opinion and the general opinion of those in my group. Only questions people might have found difficult was the one involving changing velocity; some may have differentiated and not realised this wasn't actually the maximum, maybe finding the angle on the lamina question, and then part c on the moments question had some difficult rearranging, but everything else was very straight forward.

Reaction score
I'm sorry if you feel that way, I'm just confident in how I did. And yes I made an account just because you can't talk about the exam on tsr yet. I don't see how it was difficult or why you're getting upset, I'm merely expressing my own opinion and the general opinion of those in my group. Only questions people might have found difficult was the one involving changing velocity; some may have differentiated and not realised this wasn't actually the maximum, maybe finding the angle on the lamina question, and then part c on the moments question had some difficult rearranging, but everything else was very straight forward.

OK are you from the UK

Reaction score
How did the last question last part go ??
i did was 0.525u - 0.005u to get the difference in rate of increase in distance??
anyone did it ?

Reaction score
From what I can remember, I got: 1) 2.7 for the impulse question 2) 166J and 13.7 ms-1 3)32m for part c 4) 1/3m and 7.6 degrees? Not sure if this is right. 5) can't remember 6)7.23ms-1, something for b, then 4.3ms-1 for c. 7) b-Vq=0 Vp=21/40u and finally for c) V=23/40 u Very hard paper....

Reaction score
From what I can remember, I got: 1) 2.7 for the impulse question 2) 166J and 13.7 ms-1 3)32m for part c 4) 1/3m and 7.6 degrees? Not sure if this is right. 5) can't remember 6)7.23ms-1, something for b, then 4.3ms-1 for c. 7) b-Vq=0 Vp=21/40u and finally for c) V=23/40 u Very hard paper....

I got 1/2 and 10.9..degree so i wrote 11degrees

Reaction score
1)2.69ms
2)a)166j b) 13.7
3)a) t=5 and t=2
B)v=20 (loads will put 4.5 because they'll forget to check t=0 and t=4)
C) distance is 24m (graph crossed x axis so had to integrate between 4 and 2 then 2 and 0 like the June 13 c2 question)
4)a) 0.5m bellow O
B) angle was 10.9 degrees
5)a) show that question, you'll know if you've got it right
B) vertical component=mg(2b-3acos^2theta)/b
Horizontal component= 3amgcosthetasintheta/b
C)a/b=2/3
6)a)7.23ms
B)53 degrees
C)4.3ms (about this, might not be exact)
7)a) show that
B) speed of q is 0, speed of r is 0.525U
C) speed of separation is speed of q+speed of r, which was 0.05(speed of q) I think, can't remember this one

Reaction score
For one of the questions you had to find F which was acting along the rod ab hence the Y component was equal to zero (or thats what i put anyway) and you had to find a/b I put something like 2mg/something cos@
Any one get the same as me.
For part 7C i put the rate of increas of distance was velocity of the two particles (21/40u) + the velocity of the other particle beacuse they were moving away from each other.

Reaction score
For one of the questions you had to find F which was acting along the rod ab hence the Y component was equal to zero (or thats what i put anyway) and you had to find a/b I put something like 2mg/something cos@
Any one get the same as me.
For part 7C i put the rate of increas of distance was velocity of the two particles (21/40u) + the velocity of the other particle beacuse they were moving away from each other.
Check the mark scheme I just posted. A/b was exactly 2/3 if you did it correctly