• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

EDEXCEL JANUARY 2015 PHYSICS DISCUSSION Unit 4

Reaction score
1.63x10^-13 J
Change of velocity was 19.2 ms-1

it was a incredibly easy compared to previous papers, which only means the grade boundaries will be pretty high :(
Are you sure about the answers? I had the same answers but they felt too easy to me. Like 3 marks for just using pythagoras's formula and another 3 for using e=mc2?

Reaction score
Are you sure about the answers? I had the same answers but they felt too easy to me. Like 3 marks for just using pythagoras's formula and another 3 for using e=mc2?
im 100% positive regarding the electron-positron pair, you can double check in wikipedia too :D

about the velocity, i think it's 2 marks for finding the velocity and 1 mark for the direction.

Reaction score
im 100% positive regarding the electron-positron pair, you can double check in wikipedia too :D

about the velocity, i think it's 2 marks for finding the velocity and 1 mark for the direction.
thanks mate! its such a relief! then it really was a very easy exam. grade boundaries gonna be really high. Not surprised that they chose to put in an easy exam after the horrific paper they put in in june 2014. but maybe a little too easy. anyways, cheers!

Reaction score
The grade boundaries will be something like 96 UMS if you get 75/80 for this one. :p

Reaction score
1.63x10^-13 J
Change of velocity was 19.2 ms-1

it was a incredibly easy compared to previous papers, which only means the grade boundaries will be pretty high :(
Yea me too got the same answers for these questions>>>
the exam was easy compared to some past papers!
I wanna ask u guys what did u get the maximum emf induced in the motor question?

Reaction score
Yea me too got the same answers for these questions>>>
the exam was easy compared to some past papers!
I wanna ask u guys what did u get the maximum emf induced in the motor question?
I don't exactly remember but you had to use the gradient of a drawn tangent where the graph is at its steepest to find the emf.
What did you get?

Reaction score
Paper wasn't that easy. The past papers were much easier, comparatively. I got the same answer for Velocity, Emf and Energy.
Anyway, hoping for the best.
Good luck for the other exams. (y):)

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me what were the general topic of the questions those came at the exam????? Except the mcqs.... Thanks a lot!!!! :D

Reaction score

How do we do that electron positron pair anyway?
I wasnt sure.
what formula do we have to use there?
E=1/2 mv^2 ??

Reaction score
How do we do that electron positron pair anyway?
I wasnt sure.
what formula do we have to use there?
E=1/2 mv^2 ??
I did same thing but idk... while walking out of the exam room my teacher was like you had to *2 the answer.
The question with that plane and the angle I messed up the last part.
Overall I got surprised only few theory questions it was full of calculations.