• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Edexcel Chemistry Unit 4 (12th June 2013). Revision and Post Exam Discussions.

Reaction score
Well, Unit 4 is kinda easy. I am currently doing my final revision. The only chapter I am afraid about is the one about acid & bases. The chapter is easy but sometime calculations regarding buffer can be a bit tricky. Checkout the question in June 2012, it was somewhat difficult.

Reaction score
the ppr was horrible..srslyyy..i didnot like it at all..
got some ques..
what was the rate eqn..nd what was the value for the total entropy..also..the graph in the last question..was it a straight line..nd why does the phenolphtalin change color when the conc was 50cm3 and methyl yellow changes color,,when the conc was 25cm3.
if anyone here remembers any of these answers..plz reply..nd also what do u think the grade boundary for A* or A will be?

Reaction score
got some ques..
what was the rate eqn..nd what was the value for the total entropy..also..the graph in the last question..was it a straight line..nd why does the phenolphtalin change color when the conc was 50cm3 and methyl yellow changes color,,when the conc was 25cm3.
if anyone here remembers any of these answers..plz reply..nd also what do u think the grade boundary for A* or A will be?
it was a hard paper.
rate quation was both first order
total etropy was likw -167
straighline graph
the ph range was slower, so less needed
what did people get for k?

Reaction score
got some ques..

Rate Eqn: Both were first order
Total Entropy: It was around 700 for me. System was -100 something and Surrounding was around 900. I'm not sure about this answer though. But I'm sure that we have to multiply the entropy of hydrogen by 2 ( 2xthe value given in databooklet).
Grapgh: Straight line.
Phenolpthalein Volume Qs: I left it blank. It was a 2 mark question, i just wrote the indicators range. Hopefully i'll get 1 from there.

The paper was easy but compared to the past papers it was a bit difficult. Imo they might give an A* for 78 and A for 68.

Reaction score
Entropy of system was -163.2 and surrounding was +959..total=795.8..
what was the value of activation energy? sme where like 38220 (in joules)?
n there was a MCQ, relating to indicators methyl orange n phenolphthalein, was the answer methyl orange but not with phenolphthalein?

what was da value of pH?
Is it 2.79?

Reaction score
Entropy of system was -163.2 and surrounding was +959..total=795.8..
what was the value of activation energy? sme where like 38220 (in joules)?
n there was a MCQ, relating to indicators methyl orange n phenolphthalein, was the answer methyl orange but not with phenolphthalein?

what was da value of pH?
Is it 2.79?

YEAH! All of my answers matched with you:cool:(y)

Reaction score
On amd more qs, why is it more correct to measure the ph of sodium ethandiote and not the acid?

Reaction score
Can anyone plz remind me of all the questions step by step..:( i really need to make an estimate of the marks I'm gonna get...really tensed..plz anyone??

Reaction score
Can anyone plz remind me of all the questions step by step..:( i really need to make an estimate of the marks I'm gonna get...really tensed..plz anyone??
all i can do is like ur post..cuz i myself want the same help from ppl here..?