• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics

Reaction score
hi everyone , i am panning to take economics in oct/nov. sessions and actually i know nothing about economics but some of my friends told me that i can study from the notes on the internet ..do you think i'll be able to finish in 3 months ?

Reaction score
so how are the grades for economics?
well reading is not gonna help much. you also need to be able to apply it practically. supply and demand is a must. learn it by heart!!!! also have knowledge of the current economy so you can even use it as an example in your exam and you'll probably get marks cause you demonstrated practical knowledge.

Reaction score
well reading is not gonna help much. you also need to be able to apply it practically. supply and demand is a must. learn it by heart!!!! also have knowledge of the current economy so you can even use it as an example in your exam and you'll probably get marks cause you demonstrated practical knowledge.
you mean economics is a memorizing subject rather than reading?

Reaction score
you mean economics is a memorizing subject rather than reading?

well sort of. you need to have practical knowledge and you should know how to apply it. there will be some questions in which you will need to apply your practical knowledge as well as theoretical knowledge.

lets take for example you have an article about in the usa where there is a high number of obesity in the poor population and people suffering from health problems since they do not gain healthy food

one question would be: discuss the possibility of taxes on chocolates to reduce obesity and health issues among the poor
this question alone is worth 8 marks.

in this case you can either say yes or no but you have to justify your answer.
I'd actually go with no because of many reasons at that.

1:chocolates aren't the main cause these problems
2:the main cause is actually the amount of fast food joints located in the poor district
3:this gives a cheaper way to aquire food though unhealthy food at that
4:since healthy food is expensive the poor cannot afford it regularly so they are left with no other choice.
5:the poor are not much educated about nutritional value.
6:chocolate sales will still continue with the amount of different chocolates in the market ranging from different prices.
7:the poor will usually by cheaper food as so they can try to save certain amount of their income. so they rely heavily on junk food and fast food joints to fill their stomach

now you can even turn your decision opposite
1:instead of only taxes on chocolates also tax junk food and fast food joints.
2:subsidise healthy food available in markets to reduce their price so they can be available to the poor
3:reduce the amount of fast food joints in poor districts.