• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics: Post your doubts here (O + A level)

Reaction score
Can someone please explain the Ceteris paribus assumption ?
ceteris paribus means, all other factors remain constant, that means for example if you are talking about demand, and ceteris paribus then, only price can affect demand, and no other factor like trend, or quality, etc. they all are remain constant.
HOPE THIS HELPED.. :)

Reaction score
um can u tell me about the marking of the cie examiner? my paper today went okay but i missed a few points so do we loose marks for not writing every single thing?

Reaction score
What is the difference between internal and external economies of scale ?
A question in economics paper (2281) 2012....
Plz help...?!

Reaction score
play_ball.gif

Reaction score
yea i can.. the question states that he can produce 1 unit of beef in place of 3 units of lamb, now 1 unit of beef is twice as much as 1 unit of lamb.. so first of all wheneva des type of question cum think of a price.. for instance 50 rs.. now 3 unit of lamb * 50= 150, and 1 unit of beef is twice dat means 50*2 = 100rs.. so he has more profit in producing 3 lambs than twice priced 1 beef..
HOPE THIS HELPED :)

Reaction score
What is the difference between internal and external economies of scale ?
A question in economics paper (2281) 2012....
Plz help...?!
internal economies of scale are due to a firm growing
external economies of scale are due to an industry growing

Reaction score
yea i can.. the question states that he can produce 1 unit of beef in place of 3 units of lamb, now 1 unit of beef is twice as much as 1 unit of lamb.. so first of all wheneva des type of question cum think of a price.. for instance 50 rs.. now 3 unit of lamb * 50= 150, and 1 unit of beef is twice dat means 50*2 = 100rs.. so he has more profit in producing 3 lambs than twice priced 1 beef..
HOPE THIS HELPED :)
Thank you! :)