• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics Paper 11

Reaction score
IT WAS NOT TERMS OF TRADE OYE DEVALUATION INCREASES THE PRICE OF IMPORTS ITS EVEN WRITTEN ON PG 90 OF OUR NOTES YAR -_-
Exactly, devaluation RAISES the prices of imports.
The formula is Export Prices/Import Prices*100. An increase in import prices would reduce this number.
Eg. Exp prices= 10
Imp prices=10
Terms of Trade=100
*Devaluation
Then Imp Prices= 20
Terms of trade reduces to 50
Question had asked which of these reduces due to devaluation. Hence Terms of Trade seems to be correct.

Reaction score
Oh nooooo
The formula is Export Prices/Import Prices*100. An increase in import prices would reduce this number.
Eg. Exp prices= 10
Imp prices=10
Terms of Trade=100
*Devaluation
Then Imp Prices= 20
Question had asked which of these reduces due to devaluation. Hence Terms of Trade seems to be correct.

Reaction score
I have no recollection of the PPC :S was it the one that showed loss of skills?
The purchasing power parity answer that I got is A. 4.40:1
yes loss of skills means decline in productivity so it wont be efficient, so it affects long term PPF
and can you explain how you calculated 4.40:1 the PPP one

Reaction score
yes loss of skills means decline in productivity so it wont be efficient, so it affects long term PPF
and can you explain how you calculated 4.40:1 the PPP one
Yes, I also answered Long Run PPF!
I don't remember the question well enough to explain it! I hadn't learnt it before so I figured it out and am not sure how I got it. That was the only answer I got from the options and so I marked it

Reaction score
The inelastic demand had a relatively elastic supply.
Won't that consumer much of the income?

Reaction score
Eg. Exp prices= 10
Imp prices=10
Terms of Trade=100
*Devaluation
Then Imp Prices= 20
okaay? if they asked for what reduces it definitely has to be terms of trade... i dont remember the question asked for increase or decrease though!

Reaction score
The inelastic demand had a relatively elastic supply.
Won't that consumer much of the income?
it was no substitutes!

Yes, I also answered Long Run PPF!
I don't remember the question well enough to explain it! I hadn't learnt it before so I figured it out and am not sure how I got it. That was the only answer I got from the options and so I marked it
haha good for you! :)

Reaction score
Doesn't the value of imports decrease coz they become expensive?
What is the expected GT now?
they do become expensive but DEVALUATION raises the PRICE, DEPRECIATION decreases the VALUE.
well still many people have screwed up still not more than 24 inshallah

Reaction score
Yes so due to devaluation VALUE of imports do fall right?
ote="ayushUcchil, post: 788909, member: 53448"]Yes but the Terms of Trade formula relates to Price and not value![/quote]
Yed