• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics P4 Help

Reaction score
How long do we spend on section A, and section B?
Any specific topics to thoroughly go thru for p4?
What sorts of questions are easier to solve in section B, the 12,13 mark 2 part ones, would they be easier than a single question of 25 marks if its on a specific topic?
How many pages full of details on average do you require (I know its the content, but there's supporting points too). For 12/13 marks 2 pages???

Reaction score
Recommened time for section A is 30-35 minutes but DO NOT exceed 35 minutes for Section A or else you will run out of time, spend about equal time on both parts but if its an evaluation question, spend more time on drawing a conclusion then a explanation question, usually if you look at examiners report, they seem to be harsher on 25 marks question because you have lots to cover so I would recommend the 2 part

Absolutely read the standards booklet cuz it gives you ALL the information pretty much on what you need to concentrate on your essays

http://alevelresource.blogspot.hk/p/economics.html
the standard booklet can be found here and the guessed paper was posted earlier by the sir in the other thread

https://www.facebook.com/TopicalAsL...1825.213409015428340/443345892434650/?type=1&

hope it helps!!!!
oh read examiners report, every one of them, seriously !

Reaction score
I completed my A-Levels last year and Alhamdulillah, got an A* in economics. So i would suggest you not miss the question of labour market at any cost because its too much narrow as far as its content is concerned...i.e Only quesstions comes on wage differentials or intervention of govt in labour market or role of trade unions and monospony bla bla...so its too damn easier to prepare....Secondly then attempt a 12-13 marks 2 part ques as after attempting a long ques of 25 marks its too hard to do another 25 marks in limited time so go for either National Income or any general question on Efficency or developing developed one !

Reaction score
Thank you very much bos426 and hadi 6512462, much appreciated.
@ hadi
That's great.. would the labour question generally a 25 marker, and does it almost always appear in the paper?

Reaction score
Thank you very much bos426 and hadi 6512462, much appreciated.
@ hadi
That's great.. would the labour question generally a 25 marker, and does it almost always appear in the paper?
Yeah its 100% sure that Labour market will come...Generally the third question of section B is from Labour market...Its an integral ingredient of P4 so CIE can't miss it...And generally in last years it comes in 25 marks form but sometimes it had also appeared in 12-13 marks form so prepare for it,,, but i personally feel, it will come in a 25 marks form.
p.s i believe 25 marks is more easier to gain marks, as in a very limited time you can just focus on one direction....however, in 12-13 marks question...the (a) part of the question is quite different the (b) part of the same question so you have to plan the question two times and this where time constraint screws you.

I give 40 mins to data response ques, and did the other paper in the remaining time..so you can analyze it :p