• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics and Business confusion

Reaction score
Hi everybody, i have one more O level to take for me to finish my O levels. I am confused between taking either Economics or Business and I thought of taking some advice or suggestions from candidates who took one of the subjects or both about which one is easier to understand or easier in solving, etc.

P.S. I have taken Accounting already if it helps to understand either subjects better.

Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Well Economics is a bulky subject and you need to learn much to be able to achieve an A or A*... As for Business Studies, it is much easier than Eco... If you are seeking to sit for an easy paper, I would advice Business n if you are looking for something more challenging I would advice Economics

Reaction score
Hi everybody, i have one more O level to take for me to finish my O levels. I am confused between taking either Economics or Business and I thought of taking some advice or suggestions from candidates who took one of the subjects or both about which one is easier to understand or easier in solving, etc.

P.S. I have taken Accounting already if it helps to understand either subjects better.

Thanks in advance :)

I did my IGCSE Business Studies exams and from my experience, it's much easier than Economics (IGs are similar to O-levels I believe). Economics students in my school always come out of class miserable and complaining :( Never took it though so I have no experience. Every economics student I talked to here prefer Business studies (as some do both subjects). It's a pretty easy subject as most of it requires logical thinking max, although the financial parts (e.g. balance sheets) can be a bit complicated (nothing compared to Economics calculations though from what I heard). Any more specific questions you have I'll be glad to ask my friends who too economics for you :D