• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Q1 E iii​
how to calculate capital cost
using the first year capital cost 1/0.909 =1.10
now, we ususaly are given capital cost in percentage, so 1.10X100= 110
this minus 100=10% which is our capital cost

now, just to confirm, we cna use second years capital cost tooo, 1/826= 1.21
now take a square root of this =1.10
therefore, same 10% capital cost

now, for 3 year, we can do same, but this time take a cube root​
hope this helps,​
Ya Allah!, help us all succeed in our exams​
Ameen​

Reaction score

Yeah they've taken the cost of sales instead of the purchases.. It should be wrong but they've done the same in another paper too.. I'm confused about this

Reaction score
If it comes tomorrow, what are we gonna do? o_O

I really don't know. I think it has to be purchases cuz we've always done it like that. But then again the marking scheme cannot be wrong about the same thing twice....
The formulas given at the end of the syllabus show purchases, so maybe we'll take purchases

Which other paper? Year?

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_w11_qp_43.pdf
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_w11_ms_43.pdf
Q2 c iii) While calculating for 2010, they've taken the cost of sales to find trade payables turnover

Reaction score
I really don't know. I think it has to be purchases cuz we've always done it like that. But then again the marking scheme cannot be wrong about the same thing twice....
The formulas given at the end of the syllabus show purchases, so maybe we'll take purchases

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_w11_qp_43.pdf
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_w11_ms_43.pdf
Q2 c iii) While calculating for 2010, they've taken the cost of sales to find trade payables turnover
Yup, i think it's better to be with the syllabus and book rather than the mark scheme, still I am worried..What logic are the examiners using?! God knows! InshaAllah, hopefully we all ace tomorrow's paper and achieve the highest grades possible (Y)

Reaction score
Yup, i think it's better to be with the syllabus and book rather than the mark scheme, still I am worried..What logic are the examiners using?! God knows! InshaAllah, hopefully we all ace tomorrow's paper and achieve the highest grades possible (Y)

Ameen :)

Reaction score
student008 student92 WayneRooney10
I just talked to a friend of mine who is an ACCA student and she said that if Purchases are not given to us in the question then we have to use Cost of sales. Now I'm not saying this is 100% confirmed to be correct but that's what I will do. The rest is up to you guys :)

Ahaan! So if in the question, they provide us directly with the Purchases figure, I use purchases for TP turnover, otherwise cost of production. Thanks!

Reaction score
Do not ever do that because marking scheme is sometimes incorrect as they are not final , they are just draft copy subject to corrections . Secondly do not ever deviate from the original formula both the question listed above have the stocks hence we can easily work out purchases

SECONDLY nov 12 question regarding carrying value is expected so prepare for it before going to your center

Reaction score
Do not ever do that because marking scheme is sometimes incorrect as they are not final , they are just draft copy subject to corrections . Secondly do not ever deviate from the original formula both the question listed above have the stocks hence we can easily work out purchases

SECONDLY nov 12 question regarding carrying value is expected so prepare for it before going to your center

the impairment question???