• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hey I'm really really sorry...I was doing a paper and I realised I was wrong. Interest on loan to partner is credited to the the partner's current account (whether due or not) . I'm so very sorry..

student92 please correct me if I'm wrong

you are correct, its just that its not taken in the appropriation account, its taken as an expsnse in the income statement

Reaction score

eps formulae is = profit attributable to equity holders/total ordinary shares
in this case u have to use weighted average ordinary shares
as the shares were issued 3 moths after the trading for the year began
so 800,000*9/12 = 600,000
total 1600,000 + 600,000 shares issued

same with roce
but not for gearing

Reaction score
A bad debt of $500 was written off during the year. It had not been entered in the books
of account.
A bad debt of $400 written off in the year ended 31 March 2009 was partially recovered.
The debtor paid, by cheque, $0.50 for each $1 owed. No entries had been made in the
books of account.
If these two are the entries regarding bad debts then what is the amount to be as bad debts in bank account in partnership.

its 200 to be debited in the bank account, as the debtor payed 0.5/1 into 400 = 200

Reaction score
eps formulae is = profit attributable to equity holders/total ordinary shares
in this case u have to use weighted average ordinary shares
as the shares were issued 3 moths after the trading for the year began
so 800,000*9/12 = 600,000
total 1600,000 + 600,000 shares issued

same with roce
but not for gearing

what is the reasoing behind doing this
whay dont we do the same for diivdend per share?

Reaction score
In dissolution or business takeover, when drawing the realisation a/c do we record debtors and creditors or only the discounts?

Reaction score
Hi guys! Anyone can help me with question 2(a), on accounting, it's about calculating a partners drawing. Here the link http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_s12_qp_42.pdf

The drawings question in part b of q2. It's simple, you just need to prepare a detailed current a/c with their former balances, i.e. not applying the Partnership Act 1890 with the balancing figure being the Drawings amount.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
The drawings question in part b of q2. It's simple, you just need to prepare a detailed current a/c with their former balances, i.e. not applying the Partnership Act 1890 with the balancing figure being the Drawings amount.

Hope that helps.

Oh sorry my bad.. Ok thanks a lot! Really helps a lot!

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_s10_qp_43.pdf
Can anyone solve me Q3 d (ii) and (iv)? I've been confusing about the calculation of variances...
Q3 d ii) DM Usage Variance formula= (SM-AM)*SP
SM is 4200 but we need to flex this. We do that by multiplying it by the actual output in units and then dividing it by the budgeted output in units. So, it becomes 4200*1600/1400=4800 kg. Hence, (4800-4600)*8.2=$1640 Favourable
For q3 d iv) DL Rate Variance= (SR-AR)*AH
=(10-10.2)*2200
=($440) Adverse
Done!

Reaction score

Accounts, Eco & Business: Post your doubts here!

This might help you. I guess you are going wrong with flexing the standard materials. Always flex them by diving it with budgeted output in units and then multiplying it with actual output in units.

Reaction score
In dissolution or business takeover, when drawing the realisation a/c do we record debtors and creditors or only the he discounts?
Write the original value of debtors (the balance sheet one) on the debit side and creditors one on the credit side. Then write the amount recieved from debtors as 'bank-debtors' on credit side and amount paid to creditors on dr side as 'bank-creditors. ' Hope it helps.