• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
t
they are adding because its a liability
which is deducted from non-current assets
therefore to calculate trade payables they'll do the reverse
so add 117,000

But the depreciation has already been deducted from the non-current assets. Now why would we add it again to the liabilities ? I don't get it

Reaction score
Aren't we supposed to deduct dividends in the section after profit after interest? I was talking about the 'Interim dividend paid for year ended 30 June 2011: $125'
Noo there asking you to make a profit and loss account in that just subtract interest and tax. They've not asked you to make an appropriation.

Reaction score
But the depreciation has already been deducted from the non-current assets. Now why would we add it again to the liabilities ? I don't get it

prepare this balance sheet in horizontal format , you'll understand the addition and subtraction... trust me

Reaction score
shaahid You asked about interest on loan to partner,right ? According my knowledge only the interest on loan due is to be credited to the partner's current aacount

Reaction score
And also is Prepare a reconciliation of net cash to movement in net debt: in our course anymore?

Reaction score
prepare this balance sheet in horizontal format , you'll understand the addition and subtraction... trust me

Man. I understand all the addition and subtractions but I don't understand why we added 117 to the net current assets. If it's a liability it should be deducted from the net current assets, but we instead added it. Which makes it a current asset. :/ Don't have any idea what's going on here.

Reaction score
Man. I understand all the addition and subtractions but I don't understand why we added 117 to the net current assets. If it's a liability it should be deducted from the net current assets, but we instead added it. Which makes it a current asset. :/ Don't have any idea what's going on here.

If it's a liability it should be deducted from the net current assets,
therefore when it comes to liability we add
non-c-assets = 50000
deprication -= 10000
current liability = 40000

balance sheet rule is assets = liabilities
therefore,
50000(NON-current assets)=50000(current liability + provision for depreciation)
hope you get it
if you don't
think of the treatment in trading a/c of closing stock its similar to this

Reaction score
hi
i believe this is how we have to do the trade payable thing
first ,we know that net assets are 983 at opening
so, if we add this year's all cash flows, we will get the closing net assets
so, the profit for the year is 170, and depreciation is 117, add back depreciation as its not paid in cash( similar like we do in cash flow statements)
less, all the cash payments we made, thats 110 for redemption, 95 dividends paid
we get 1065, so our net assets should have been 1065, and our assets are 1610, meaning the difference is the current liabilities
hope this helps,

Reaction score
hi
i believe this is how we have to do the trade payable thing
first ,we know that net assets are 983 at opening
so, if we add this year's all cash flows, we will get the closing net assets
so, the profit for the year is 170, and depreciation is 117, add back depreciation as its not paid in cash( similar like we do in cash flow statements)
less, all the cash payments we made, thats 110 for redemption, 95 dividends paid
we get 1065, so our net assets should have been 1065, and our assets are 1610, meaning the difference is the current liabilities
hope this helps,

I got half of it.. You're saying to add (170+117) as it is the cash flow from operating activities ??

Reaction score
Why haven't fixed costs apportioned for Work in progress in october november 2009 paper 42 q 3c-process 3.

Reaction score
ohh okay thanks alot :) you've cleared alot of doubts for me!

Hey I'm really really sorry...I was doing a paper and I realised I was wrong. Interest on loan to partner is credited to the the partner's current account (whether due or not) . I'm so very sorry..

student92 please correct me if I'm wrong