• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Q4. my np was 7000
Q7. 550 credit
Q19. $4.80 was the share price

these are my answers don't know if they are correct or not

Can u tell me Q9. who uses aging of debtors or something like that. i did B "Credit Controller" merely a guess...
Hw cum ur np was 7000??i guess u r confusin wid some other qustion.dis question was where u were given prchase of office stationery
Q.19 I did $1.20
Q.7 even me did 550 credit
Q.9 i did sales ledger supervisor

Reaction score
i guess it was June, June & opt was B, not D
it was bcoz i think the business was planning 2 pay in june & cash budget records it when the cash is the paid or received
Yes u r right but the payment was made in April, it was written i guess
Any ways what about the suspense account 1?
and what was Q1's answer? was it returns by X to Y (if Y was the creditor?)

Reaction score
Wanted to Confirm something:

Q4 link: http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/... AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_s07_qp_3.pdf
Suggested Answer by Examiner : A

When redeeming shares out of profit we must create a CRR up to the par value of the redeemable shares and must deduct the share premium from retained earnings whether or not they were originally issued at par.

If so then the answer must be C.

What I wanted to know was that, am I correct ? It is possible that the rules were changed after the paper. This paper is 6 years old.

So correct me if I am wrong.

Reaction score
Wanted to Confirm something:

Q4 link: http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_s07_qp_3.pdf
Suggested Answer by Examiner : A

When redeeming shares out of profit we must create a CRR up to the par value of the redeemable shares and must deduct the share premium from retained earnings whether or not they were originally issued at par.

If so then the answer must be C.

What I wanted to know was that, am I correct ? It is possible that the rules were changed after the paper. This paper is 6 years old.

So correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah you're right.Even I think the answer is C .

Reaction score
can anybody help me with capital reduction and how to attempt those questions? ppr4 A2 accounts n even convertible loan stock

Reaction score
Yes it was great Alhamdulillah
What was the answer for the last one??
Was it "C" i.e June and April
Yes that's what i chose. Because you only record the transaction when you pay for it in the forecast, not sure if it's correct though.

Reaction score
Yes that's what i chose. Because you only record the transaction when you pay for it in the forecast, not sure if it's correct though.
but in cash budget u record trnsctions in the month paid or received

Reaction score
Hw cum ur np was 7000??i guess u r confusin wid some other qustion.dis question was where u were given prchase of office stationery
Q.19 I did $1.20
Q.7 even me did 550 credit
Q.9 i did sales ledger supervisor
yeah i was confusing this Q with some other one with opening capital and drawings one. i don't remember this Q, sorry :(

p.s do u or anyone else here, for that matter, has business studies paper 1 on 10th?

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm having trouble with this question. Can anyone help me? Much thanks.
Question is from Oct/Nov 2012 paper 11 Q 28

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Economics (9708)/9708_w12_qp_11.pdf

this is simple, there are many ways of measurement of exchange rates, refer the Cambridge book by Bamford,
in a trade weighted exchange rate, we simpley have to multiply thw amount or percentage of trade a country has with its repective partners in trde,
so for
nigeria it will be 0.8 X10 =8
Malaysia it will be 0.2 X50=10
so we add them togather to get 18, and pluss the orignal 100, we get 118, whihc is b