• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can u please tell me a good simple definition for probability sampling?
A probability sampling is one in which every unit in the population has a chance (greater than zero) of being selected in the sample, and this probability can be accurately determined. The combination of these traits makes it possible to produce unbiased estimates of population totals, by weighting sampled units according to their probability of selection.

Wikipedia

Reaction score
A probability sampling is one in which every unit in the population has a chance (greater than zero) of being selected in the sample, and this probability can be accurately determined. The combination of these traits makes it possible to produce unbiased estimates of population totals, by weighting sampled units according to their probability of selection.

Wikipedia
Is this okay for me to write? Probability sampling is done by choosing random individuals to be a part of the market research?

Reaction score
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/...d AS Level/Economics (9708)/9708_s06_qp_1.pdf
how do we get the answers for q21(ans is c) and q15(ans is d)-what are marginal social benefits and costs?
Q17(ans is c), q19(ans is a), q22(ans is d but isnt D a financial a/c thing?) And in q20 how doesrise in intrest rate decrease supply?

Reaction score
Im confused here guys, do i need to really know the usefulness of the different types of averages? Mean, mode and median? Seems like a waste of time memorizing all the uses and drawbacks etc

Reaction score
CAN any one give me notes regarding the "part exchange" ( IN DEPRECIATION CHAPTER) in accounting (AS)!! please need it urgently!!

Reaction score

Variance Formulae
standard costing is all about setting standards and comparing them with actual results
there are three budgets
1 master budget (mb) this is the original budget, based on set standards for the budgeted number of production units and costs
2 flexed budget (fb) this is based on the same standards used in the master budget, but flexed for the actual number of units produced
3 actual budget (ab) this is the actual budget made for the the actual number of units and at actual costs

hope this helps

Attachments

• Variance Formulae.zip
    225.1 KB · Views: 20
Reaction score
Variance Formulae
standard costing is all about setting standards and comparing them with actual results
there are three budgets
1 master budget (mb) this is the original budget, based on set standards for the budgeted number of production units and costs
2 flexed budget (fb) this is based on the same standards used in the master budget, but flexed for the actual number of units produced
3 actual budget (ab) this is the actual budget made for the the actual number of units and at actual costs

hope this helps
Thanks a lot mate! :)

Reaction score
CAN any one give me notes regarding the "part exchange" ( IN DEPRECIATION CHAPTER) in accounting (AS)!! please need it urgently!!
What is so confusing about that?
Instead of recieving cash for your sale of your non-current asset, you recieve another.

Reaction score
can someone please send me the command word list for As business studies, that i need to base my answers on during the exam, I want to start practising some questions (even though im quite late now) Thanks!

Reaction score
Is it okay for me to memorize only 4 out of 7 sampling methods for the As exam? Let me know guys, im not that bothered with studying all if its really necessary considering a question wouldnt ask about all 7 methods.

Reaction score
i've just started solving paper 1 of basic economics,
xgibvc.jpg

the answer is supposed to be C.
i feel so embarrassed, its supposed to be an easy chapter and a common question but i just dont get it, :cry: why isn't the answer B?? i thought it was B? can someone explain.

also:
33cnomt.jpg

why is B the answer??