• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Okey thankyou so much, i get it now, i still dont get market share :/
Suppose you're a producer producing laptops.
We'd assume that there are only 2 more supplier for the laptop. This means that the laptop market consist of only 3 suppliers including you.
The amount of supply you generate for the market is your market share. Suppose you cover up 20% of the total demand for the laptop, that's your market share.

Reaction score
Suppose you're a producer producing laptops.
We'd assume that there are only 2 more supplier for the laptop. This means that the laptop market consist of only 3 suppliers including you.
The amount of supply you generate for the market is your market share. Suppose you cover up 20% of the total demand for the laptop, that's your market share.
Oh alright i get it now, so to sum that up market share would be the percentage of your unit shares as a proportion to the market itself?

Reaction score
Guys in the syllabus, it says for topic 4: business objectives: nature and importance of business objectives, i am making my notes my self with the help of the business book, i have written stuff about the importance, but what about the nature of business aims, can anyone help me on that?

Reaction score
And can someone tell me if this syllabus includes the content from A2? I dont think so, what do you guys suggest

Attachments

• 2013 syllabus.pdf
    289.1 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
Guys... Plz help!
In error number 3, when correcting it, there is no effect on the net profit..... how come?
and number 5, when correcting it, the effect is to add $660 to the net profit... how?

Thnx in Advance..

Attachments

• Doc1.docx
    196.5 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
hey,
i just need a little help in writing economics answers. Actually not getting how to interpret data in an answer.

Reaction score
Guys how would you answer this question, its for 4 marks so i need 4 proper explained points

- Explain how a supermarket could add value to the food and other stock it buys in.

Reaction score
Is this a good definition for the term entrepreneur, if 3 marks were to be awarded:

An entrepreneur is someone who takes the financial risk of starting and managing a new venture. They are individuals who set up their own business and have shown skills of entrepreneurship. They are highly creative and innovative and they are well known for establishing new ideas for a business. They invest their own savings and capital and they accept the responsibility of managing the business. They also accept the possible risks of failure in the business, if it were to happen.

What do you guys say?

Reaction score
As salam alikum
please help me with this a2 eco mcq
what is the reasoning behind this.
c is the correct answer
thanks

Attachments

• Doc1.docx
    135.1 KB · Views: 1
Reaction score
Guys, why are there more business enterprises from the tertiary sector being made? Its a 4 mark question so need 4 solid points :D

Reaction score
Guys i will really appreciate if one of you guys could answer these two questions from business (6)
- Explain why there are so many businesses in tertiary sector such as hair dressing and car servicing? (4)
- Explain how a supermarket could add value to its food and the stock that it buys in.

I need full answers for both questions which you would write if this wouldve come in the exam. Thanks will appreciate
Just to let you know i have also written the marks alloted for both, so write according to that.

Thanks !

Reaction score
need a disadvantage to the sole trader from changing from sole trader to plc.

I already have 2 points written down: profit will be shared amongst shareholders, and the sole trader is not only decision maker. What else can i write? need one more point Its a 3 mark short answer question.

Reaction score
need a disadvantage to the sole trader from changing from sole trader to plc.

I already have 2 points written down: profit will be shared amongst shareholders, and the sole trader is not only decision maker. What else can i write? need one more point Its a 3 mark short answer question.
There would be divorce between ownership and control as now if the company issues more than 50% of the shares thinking they will earn more regraded as a source of finance,then the company is at risk and the ownership could change its hands...In a sole trading firm the sole trader itself is the decision maker and in short the Boss but now in a plz he isnt as shareholders are involved!!!But now as he is getting it converted to a plc,hence there are certain complicated procedures to be followed before forming a plc!like sending a document to the Registrar of the companies!I hope its helpful!!
:) :) :) :)

Reaction score
There would be divorce between ownership and control as now if the company issues more than 50% of the shares thinking they will earn more regraded as a source of finance,then the company is at risk and the ownership could change its hands...In a sole trading firm the sole trader itself is the decision maker and in short the Boss but now in a plz he isnt as shareholders are involved!!!But now as he is getting it converted to a plc,hence there are certain complicated procedures to be followed before forming a plc!like sending a document to the Registrar of the companies!I hope its helpful!!
Thanks i wrote about the loss of the ownership since i already had the decision making point written down, i read in the examiner reports that come candidates wrote how: tax accounts will have to be made, whats that? can you explain that to me

Reaction score
theres a question in the book which says: what is the difference between private sector organisations and public sector organisations. I would like to ask do i write this in a comparing format where i write one point about private and then one point about a public or do i just state everything about private sector first and then go on to talk about public sector?

Reaction score
Thanks i wrote about the loss of the ownership since i already had the decision may details asking point written down, i read in the examiner reports that come candidates wrote how: tax accounts will have to be made, whats that? can you explain that to me
It may be related to the no privacy policy that exist.Everything has to be open and shown to shareholders for their further investments!!each and every detail

Reaction score
theres a question in the book which says: what is the difference between private sector organisations and public sector organisations. I would like to ask do i write this in a comparing format where i write one point about private and then one point about a public or do i just state everything about private sector first and then go on to talk about public sector?
I would suggest you to write it in theory form!!i mean ya you may have heard many saying make columns and all that bt the truth is that it is a childish way!!!now you are in as level and only applicable theory knowldge has to be well represnted with proper application and examples!!and so if u were in IGCSE the columnar format be probably be the best!!bt not in this case!!.:)
Evaluation is very important wherever required in BS