• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Accounts ans for mcqs, only one incorrect soo far ! :D
1) Return Outwards
2) 114000 D
4) Substance over form D
6) A ( Accruals Concept )
Cash discount 5% and stock previewed system ( D )

20 ) C

Partnership capital 60 000 drawings 30 000 ( C )

undervalued closing stock and overvalued opening inventory both to be added in net profit

subscription accounts can have bad debts and may have trading account ( A)

gross profit increased, return on capital employed decreased

partnership
goodwill x 15000 y 15000 ( C )

Liquidity difficulties to pay to creditors factoring trade debtor ( A )

Cumulative shares dividend carried to next year ( C )

Stepped cost net
profit of 15000 unites = 82500

value of stock issued 380 ( B )
Debentures issued for 300 000 Current Assets increased and net profit decreased in short term

Manufacturing overheads depreciation of assembly line and supervisors salary

breakeven sales 600 000 ( C )

Ans for B.R.S was ( B ) ( un presented add uncredited minus, minus credited charges for standing order

fixed costs remain constant for a range of activity ( A ) ( D was not the ans )

28) D Marginal Costing, Marginal Costing
29) D 6.5
30) D Price for the quotation
these are the corrects ans soo far

dude, your BRS answer has to be A.18840 as per the past mark scheme since it is a repeat question.
And btw, if you're in A2, then how do you know the A's questions?

Reaction score
ALSO It was absorption costing and marginal question ...Even I got 2 mcqs wrong ...and what I am telling u it has been verified by my teacher who is also the examiner of accounts..Cant disclose the name!!

Reaction score
Reading all of the discussions on the Accounting MCQ paper here, feel relieved that I only noticed 2 mistakes so far!! :D How's everyone preparing for Business Studies?

Reaction score
Guys u forgot the formula for roce (capital employed)
it was non current assets plus net current assets...u did not have to subtract LT liabilities from it...Even I did the same mistake

Reaction score

i got this question in the test from my sir, now i knew where he got it from. First its not in AS syllabus anymore its A2. Continuing,
The critical path is BCDE. = 25 days

Reasoning:
Critical Path shows the sequence the activities should be carried out in order for the whole project to finish on time. So it uses EST. For first node, est is 0 for second node that is A, we will have to wait, coming to the third node (B), we will first add 5 to it and then add 6 to it, which will give 11 est for node A. as 11 is greater that 10, therefore the est of node A will be 11. then we will add 8 to the node A so to arrive at est of Node D then 6 to it to arrive at last node. at last node est=lft and for the critical path, the revers calculation will always arrive at the starting node with lft of 0.

b part 2:
It will help balrij to see which activities can be delayed and which activities cannot be delayed, the time that the project will take to complete and the if he faces any delay in the critical activities, he can move the idle resources of the non critical activity to it.

Reaction score
i got this question in the test from my sir, now i knew where he got it from. First its not in AS syllabus anymore its A2. Continuing,
The critical path is BCDE. = 25 days

Reasoning:
Critical Path shows the sequence the activities should be carried out in order for the whole project to finish on time. So it uses EST. For first node, est is 0 for second node that is A, we will have to wait, coming to the third node (B), we will first add 5 to it and then add 6 to it, which will give 11 est for node A. as 11 is greater that 10, therefore the est of node A will be 11. then we will add 8 to the node A so to arrive at est of Node D then 6 to it to arrive at last node. at last node est=lft and for the critical path, the revers calculation will always arrive at the starting node with lft of 0.

b part 2:
It will help balrij to see which activities can be delayed and which activities cannot be delayed, the time that the project will take to complete and the if he faces any delay in the critical activities, he can move the idle resources of the non critical activity to it.

i hvnt studied d A2 pasrt yet so dint xactly understnd...nyways thnx a lot :)

Reaction score
Guys u forgot the formula for roce (capital employed)
it was non current assets plus net current assets...u did not have to subtract LT liabilities from it...Even I did the same mistake
Was it a long term liability ?? I dnt think so.