• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Me too. I'm giving A level accounting this May. Pls read my previous post, help me out in getting the correct answer, pretty pleaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeee
I'm also writing this may!! we need to work in team.
In fact i solved the AVCO question but got stuck at that part because my AVCO balance was different from the Marking Scheme

Reaction score
But can you explain the asset at book value account please?
hi, Sorry guys i was not able to answer queries coz i was busy with something... Asset account at NBV is different from Asset account at cost because in cost account u make Accumulated depreciation a/c separate, where as in NBV account previous depreciation is already deducted from ur asset cost and they give u NBV so no need for accumulated dep. A/c, U only have to adjust this year dep. charge, which u put on credit side. becoz when dep is charged without acc. dep a/c it will be Dep. (Dr) Asset (cr), so as we are preparing asset a/c so it will come on cr. side. additions are same becoz no dep. charged on them.

Reaction score
I'm also writing this may!! we need to work in team.
In fact i solved the AVCO question but got stuck at that part because my AVCO balance was different from the Marking Scheme[/QUOT
have u got answer for ur avco q? If not pls post that q, i will try....

Reaction score
Answer which i am getting is 20 * 31.86 = 637 & I suppose the difference is because of decimals and this much diff. doesn't matter.... what's ur answer?

Reaction score

Attachments

• 9706_w14_qp_11.pdf
    134 KB · Views: 4
  • 9706_w14_qp_12.pdf
    152.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 9706_w14_qp_13.pdf
    131.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 9706_w14_qp_22.pdf
    333.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 9706_w14_qp_23.pdf
    305.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 9706_s14_qp_21.pdf
    329 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Guys please I need explanations on this example ASAP..
I do not understand notes 1 2 3.. please :(((

Attachments

• 20150321_233519.jpg
    20150321_233519.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 20150321_233530.jpg
    20150321_233530.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Guys please I need explanations on this example ASAP..
I do not understand notes 1 2 3.. please :(((
It says that In case of redemption of shares if u are issuing new shares at premium then the premium u get from issue of new shares can be used to set off premium u are going to pay on shares which is going to be redeemed, For instance in this particular example premium u got from issue of new share is 15,000 so u can use this 15,000 to pay premium on shares u are going to redeem, u can not use other balance in share premium for this, u can only use premium u got from issue of new shares. 2nd point sometimes it happens that u can redeem shares from amount which u get from issue of new shares in that case it is very simple but in some cases u can not redeem all shares from amount which u got from issue of shares (as in this example) so u have to make capital redemption reserve from retained earning for amount which is remaining for redemption of shares after deducting amount u got from issue of shares and also the premium which is left will be taken from retained earning.

Hope u understand, If not u can ask doubts .....

Reaction score
Answer which i am getting is 20 * 31.86 = 637 & I suppose the difference is because of decimals and this much diff. doesn't matter.... what's ur answer?
I dunno how you calculated that answer but
The answer in the mark scheme is 20 * 31.49= 629.80

Reaction score
Any tips for B.s? :(
Understand main concept, write down important points, Learn how to apply that in scenarios given in exam (for that do past papers)
Remember when attempting case studies u should always relate ur answers to scenario given.... all i know about b.s :)

Reaction score
Understand main concept, write down important points, Learn how to apply that in scenarios given in exam (for that do past papers)
Remember when attempting case studies u should always relate ur answers to scenario given.... all i know about b.s :)
Hmmmmmmmmphhhh (n) Thankss(y)

Reaction score
hi guys,
I hadn't taken accounting in my 9th or 10th IGCSE level but now at AS Level I have taken up Accounting as well as Economics which are new to me. Im struggling a lot with accounting and before I go onto the past papers I need to perfect my concepts itself. Could anyone suggest reliable resourses..(Websites,books,etc.)? I would really appreciate it :)

Reaction score
hi guys,
I hadn't taken accounting in my 9th or 10th IGCSE level but now at AS Level I have taken up Accounting as well as Economics which are new to me. Im struggling a lot with accounting and before I go onto the past papers I need to perfect my concepts itself. Could anyone suggest reliable resourses..(Websites,books,etc.)? I would really appreciate it :)
Although I think it's too late to start while having no concepts but anyways try Accounting by Harold Randall & David Hopkins ....