• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
And also why the tariff might not be effective in helping to correct the current account deficit
What are the reasons?

Reaction score
And also why the tariff might not be effective in helping to correct the current account deficit
What are the reasons?
Tariff is an amount of indirect tax placed upon the imported goods and services. It is a measure of protectionism and thus creates the imports expensive. This leads to fall in the quantity demanded for Imports. (Law of Demand)

Tariff might not be effective in remedial of current account because some goods tend to posses in-elastic Price elasticity of demand. Even when the price rises of imported goods and services, the quantity demanded would be very in significant.

Reaction score

The order for most flexible form is to utilize the revaluation reserve first then share premium then general or any other reserve and then the Retained earnings. This way revaluation reserve and share premium will fall to zero and remaining 30 will be deducted from Retained earnings so the correct answer should be A.

Balance on share capital = 450 + (450/3) = 600 so ans is A.

When closing stock increases profit increases.so ans. is C.
A and D will reduce margin and B has no effect on margin.

Budgeted cost per unit = 5.4 * 4 = 21.60
(518400-32400) / 21.60 = 22500 units. so ans. is A.

Reaction score
That is correct but that dividend is not given in the notes to account. The proposed dividend is given in notes to account, if I am not wrong?

i really think u r correct but bro i did the things other way around or i think both of us have failed to understand one thing maybe that they are asking how much PAID dividends will be SHOWN in notes. maybe i think and not sure do confirm and tell me man.

Reaction score
The order for most flexible form is to utilize the revaluation reserve first then share premium then general or any other reserve and then the Retained earnings. This way revaluation reserve and share premium will fall to zero and remaining 30 will be deducted from Retained earnings so the correct answer should be A.

okay in Q19 wat do we do fr that $2.00

Reaction score

Reaction score
Whats the correct formula to find net debts ??
Net%20Debt.gif
this formula didnot work for
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_w10_qp_42.pdf
Question 2 Part C)
Should we not put the current liabilities as short term Debt o_O ??
David Hussey
Dividends proposed at the balance sheet date should be disclosed in a note, but not provided in the accounts.
found this in http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyanswers/question/disclosure-dividends comment of Euan MAclenan
even my sir didnt agree with answer B for dis question
idk man, these CIE jokers, we should sue them -_-

Reaction score
What are the reasons?
You have to define price elasticity of demand and it wont be effective to help correct deficit in BOP because of the inelastic nature of imports for instance oil, petrol etc. Moreover, tarriffs may reduce the volume of imports however the exports may be lower than that value.

Reaction score
i really think u r correct but bro i did the things other way around or i think both of us have failed to understand one thing maybe that they are asking how much PAID dividends will be SHOWN in notes. maybe i think and not sure do confirm and tell me man.
Dividends proposed at the balance sheet date should be disclosed in a note, but not provided in the accounts.
found this in http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/anyanswers/question/disclosure-dividends comment of Euan MAclenan
even my sir didnt agree with answer B for dis question
idk man, these CIE jokers, we should sue them -_-
Maybe Marking Scheme isn't right in this case.
We can't sue CIE because it's clearly written on the marking scheme, 'CIE will not enter into discussions or correspondence in connection with these mark schemes.' :p

Reaction score
The thing is the question states its tariffs
I mean talking about conclusion, even if it states tarrif, it is good that you give a sound judegement and must realise that protectionism does not solely rely upon tariffs. You might also add the point that tarrifs may lead to retaliation from importing country which may not make the bop deficit any better :)