• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

drop any Doubts in IGCSE Physics, Chemistry and Biology Here

Reaction score
how can you explain the way voltage is induced at the secondary coil when voltage is applied at the primary coil in a transformer_ 2011 past paper

Reaction score
how can you explain the way voltage is induced at the secondary coil when voltage is applied at the primary coil in a transformer_ 2011 past paper
first of all the current in the p,coil produces it's own magnetic field and this magnetic field is changing because the source is AC this filed is transferd through the iron core the presence of changing magnetic filed around the secondary coil induces a current and the voltage is changed by varying the coil's turns this is called electromagnetic induction
i hope this helps

Reaction score
first of all the current in the p,coil produces it's own magnetic field and this magnetic field is changing because the source is AC this filed is transferd through the iron core the presence of changing magnetic filed around the secondary coil induces a current and the voltage is changed by varying the coil's turns this is called electromagnetic induction
i hope this helps
yep it helps..now where does current come into place in relation to the voltage in the transmission wires sent to the step down transformer? and is there high current sent to the step down transformer in the transmission wires?

Reaction score
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOMORROW IS MA physics PAPER (NOT CIE) nd i need some notes......plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:(:oops:

Reaction score
hi, i'm sorry i took long to answer, otherwise I hope this formula book will be still usfull for o-levels. cause physics is all about formulas and remembering a few concepts.:)

Attachments

• Physics Formula Booklet.pdf
    655.9 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
HOW TO FIND VECTORZZZZ???????????????????
it's easy all you have to do is follow the order of addition or subtraction of the vectors..... e.g if AC=q and AB=r, find CB?
CB=CA+AB
CB=-q+r
CB=r-q.......hope that helps, but you can still post a question from a past paper or something similar for help. by the way, do you take math CIE?

Reaction score
yep..........i am taking
eng language (IGCSE)
bio (IGCSE)
physics (IGCSE)
chemistry (IGCSE)
urdu second lang (GCE)
maths (IGCSE)
pk std (GCE)
isl (GCE)

Reaction score
yep..........i am taking
eng language (IGCSE)
bio (IGCSE)
physics (IGCSE)
chemistry (IGCSE)
urdu second lang (GCE)
maths (IGCSE)
pk std (GCE)
isl (GCE)
almost similar to mine, i take;
physics
chemistry
biology
math
esl
ict
geography
all IGCSE's, are writing all your igcse's this oct/nov?

Reaction score
the petroleum is first of all CRACKED! meaning the larger molecules are broken down into smaller ones, which in this case is butene. butene is then reacted with steam in the presence of phosphoric acid which acts as a catalyst at 460 degrees. this in turn, results with an alcohol produced on the other end of the reaction. the reaction on an alkene with steam with the presence of a catalyst is known as an addition reaction
hope this helps:)

Reaction score
the petroleum is first of all CRACKED! meaning the larger molecules are broken down into smaller ones, which in this case is butene. butene is then reacted with steam in the presence of phosphoric acid which acts as a catalyst at 460 degrees. this in turn, results with an alcohol produced on the other end of the reaction. the reaction on an alkene with steam with the presence of a catalyst is known as an addition reaction
hope this helps:)
Thanx a lot! Btw, in order to achieve the 3 marks, I don't have to write the entire detail, isn't?Simply describing how that butene was formed by cracking and then butanol by addition of steam in the presence of phosphuric acid is enough?

Reaction score
Thanx a lot! Btw, in order to achieve the 3 marks, I don't have to write the entire detail, isn't?Simply describing how that butene was formed by cracking and then butanol by addition of steam in the presence of phosphuric acid is enough?
yes, and you also have to mention the temperature (460 degrees).
your welcome

Reaction score
are five months enough to practice igcse physics, chem and maths? p.s. i havent studied any of it befoore!