• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Drama-English Literature

Reaction score
Hi, try this site, I love it!
Mrs. Chevely is an extravagant dresser and her only competition in the best-dressed stakes would come from Lord Goring, the play’s dandy. Lord Goring is an enthusiastic aesthete and believes in light-hearted quips and banter, over serious conversations. He dresses to show off and admires beauty for beauty’s sake, rather than for any moral reason. His habits and attitude towards life creates a strain between him and his father Lord Caversham a man with stout Victorian values. Lord Caversham does not understand his son’s attitude towards life. He does not appreciate his sense of dressing, the hours he keeps (‘you should be in bed at this time’) or his manner of speech (‘what you say is a paradox’). The play explores the evolving social values as the 1800s come to an end. At one end we have the moral, upright and unfrivolous Victorian ideology while on the other, we have the rapidly developing aesthete ideology which is all about fun and games, and foregoing hard work for pleasure and appreciating the finer things in life.

Reaction score
Hmm, in Paper 3 I stuck to B, but now, in paper 4 I seem to find A easier. I don't really get how to analyze a drama passage, what do you usually do? Any tips would be totally helpful! Like what are the top ten things you look for when you do passage commentary in drama?

Reaction score
Hmm, in Paper 3 I stuck to B, but now, in paper 4 I seem to find A easier. I don't really get how to analyze a drama passage, what do you usually do? Any tips would be totally helpful! Like what are the top ten things you look for when you do passage commentary in drama?
umm u knw actually i find B more easier......dunno y though :pten thngs???well i cant spend much time here, but tell u wat...see the mark scheme....the bands u knw......i always follow them while writing a passage commentry :)

Reaction score
Is this the first time you're giving the exam? Have you studied on your own?
nope second....this time's a retake.....i ended up wid a D in this paper, so um rilly tensed this time...................yea there were no teachers available so i had to do it on my own :(