• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Doubts about choosing Computer Studies; Urgent Help Needed!!

Reaction score
I have chosen Biology as my school subject and I can't do computer studies in school although I can take help from the teacher at any other time. I intend to do my higher studies in computer fields, maybe Software Engineering. I can't get rid of Bio.

I also intend to apply for scholarship in foreign institutes. I am thinking of doing computer studies on my own. I want to ask whether it will be worth it?, is it important to do CS before Higher studies in CS?, will I have difficulty in getting scholarship if I don't choose CS Now?
If any of you have experience or knowledge about it please share. I urgently need to know about this.

Reaction score
Go For Computer . You Will Love it
It Consist of 2 Papers. Theory and ATC and the questions are pretty simple and straight Forward.U just need to use the brain

Reaction score
:) U should go for computer studies its easy n it will help u in future alot i m in the same phase...!!

Reaction score
computer studies is simple. make plan for this:
-read complete book of cambridge university press of igcse(same as o level) computer studies(1 month)
-practice it's papers from CD-ROM and read guidlines regarding solving paper
-do past papers from 2003-2012 with mark scheme(1 month)
-get A*

Reaction score
I have chosen Biology as my school subject and I can't do computer studies in school although I can take help from the teacher at any other time. I intend to do my higher studies in computer fields, maybe Software Engineering. I can't get rid of Bio.

I also intend to apply for scholarship in foreign institutes. I am thinking of doing computer studies on my own. I want to ask whether it will be worth it?, is it important to do CS before Higher studies in CS?, will I have difficulty in getting scholarship if I don't choose CS Now?
If any of you have experience or knowledge about it please share. I urgently need to know about this.
hey, i was just going through the thread and i couldnt stop myself from commenting on this one. i personally think that ICT is more helpful then CS if you want to go for computer field. CS is more about written work but ICT is more practical work. you should check there credit i guess if you want to go for a uni abroad.