• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

dont i deserve a decent phone?

Don't i deserve a decent phone?

• yes, u do.

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • no, u don't

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I m 16 and would be 17 in few months..
my family can afford a phone but they are saying that i m too young and should wait until 18 until i get my own phone..
is this fair?!

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
my family can afford a phone but they are saying that i m too young and should wait until 18 until i get my own phone..
is this fair?!

well, technically it is fair.... You have no right to ur parents money.. whatever they give u is out of mercy.. so if they don't give u something.. you should be grateful over their past favours and try to accept their decision.. I know it's hard but well makes more sense..... and if u be good to them.. u never know they might reward u by getting one.. ;)

Reaction score
is this fair?!
AOA!
It's ok. I myself didn't have a phone until I started university; the reason was, I didn't really think I needed one, and hence never asked for it.

So I'd say, you deserve a phone, but not right now probably. =)

And by the way, there's one way to get one. Check this. And do keep 'this' in mind.

Keep calm and have trust in Him.

Reaction score
I myself am 16 ..and i pretty much know..how much i want a decent phone...so puh-lease ..can anyone change the mentality of these decent children's parents...??
hell no..!!! Why..? :notworthy:
is this fair?!

same reason...same story.....same age.....different parents...same mentality.....:notworthy:
"We want justice". :whistle:

Reaction score
well, technically it is fair.... You have no right to ur parents money.. whatever they give u is out of mercy.. so if they don't give u something.. you should be grateful over their past favours and try to accept their decision.. I know it's hard but well makes more sense..... and if u be good to them.. u never know they might reward u by getting one.. ;)
AoA,
You know I really do agree with badrobot14 on this whole issue me_lonelyboy
well they are your parents and they are using their own money to provide your living and education...is that so? :)
you know its not that they would not want to give you the phone, its just that, as you said maybe they cant afford it or maybe you have to earn it... ;)
working hard on your studies is more important than a mobile phone and who knows? Maybe if you do well in school and when your parents see your grades then they might give you a mobile phone... you never know :)
So my advice, dont get so caught up with the whole 'everyone has a mobile phone, why can't I' okay? In my opinion, if you are using a mobile phone for music and games then i see no point of having a mobile phone at all.... just listen to your parents and if you are patient then Insha Allah they could appreciate your behavior and might reward you with a mobile phone :)

Reaction score
is this fair?!
same with me but even i don't want to keep mobile phone......:p
just the thing i want is a new laptop cuz em fed up frm my freaking laptop....:D

Reaction score
now there ar tryin to restict me fm goin intenet..
oh come onn.. there sud b a limit to these restrictions..

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
the ting is, i already got a phone frm my sis as a present but mum n bro ar tryin to take it away..
badrobot14,Rmarie-yum

same here...:)

there must b a set of demans they have... to get those accepted they are threatening to do this..
u needa try n fulfil those.. n for now assure them that u'll get it done.... insha'Allah... on a side note if u do waste a lot of time online it might be good to have some restrictions.. but then again, I know no one likes those... :/

Reaction score
You're parents are just being protective because they care for you. I know it sounds like *I HAVE NO FREEDOM! I'M SUFFOCATING!!!!* but its good for you from their perspective. They know you best as their child and they want to keep you safe.
Just like precious pearls... enclosed in a shell because they are too valuable to be allowed to float randimly around in the dangerous rapids ;)
Besides, over protective parents are better than ones who dont care even if ur not home all night :D

Reaction score
You're parents are just being protective because they care for you. I know it sounds like *I HAVE NO FREEDOM! I'M SUFFOCATING!!!!* but its good for you from their perspective. They know you best as their child and they want to keep you safe.
Just like precious pearls... enclosed in a shell because they are too valuable to be allowed to float randimly around in the dangerous rapids ;)
Besides, over protective parents are better than ones who dont care even if ur not home all night :D
i under stand that that's y i don't say them to buy what ever i want....:)

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
(y)
*_*