• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Done with Paper 3 Bio

Reaction score
For the selective breeding/genetic breeding question, I just wrote that one was selectively breeded and one was genetically engineered. I think I'll only get one mark or none at all ;_;

Reaction score
for those u are probably trying really hard to find out wat may probably come in 31, i think something may come on alcohol and drugs, pectinase, hormones in food production, something about why the hell the human population is growing at such alarming rates, acid rain or manufacture of paper, nuclear fall out, mycoprotein livers role in excretion and cladistics. May some punnet square drawing too. This is a feeling..and it may be completely wrong but who knows.

Reaction score
For the selective breeding/genetic breeding question, I just wrote that one was selectively breeded and one was genetically engineered. I think I'll only get one mark or none at all ;_;

The one that the Ghanaian scientists did WAS selective breeding. They took the pollen from the useful plants and dusted it on the plant in question. And the Australian scientists' procedure was of genetic engineering, where a plasmid (vector), recombinant DNA, etc. needed to be used. So don't worry, you've got it right!

varient 2....what did u guys put for the first Q.....villi or cillia

It's villi, not cilia.

Reaction score
Thanks Justine! Now that you all mention the cilia/villi thing, I keep thinking I wrote cilia, when I'm sure I wrote villi! I definitely got the adaptations right though. :p

I put anabolism. Don't think it's in the syllabus though.

Reaction score
Thanks Justine! Now that you all mention the cilia/villi thing, I keep thinking I wrote cilia, when I'm sure I wrote villi! I definitely got the adaptations right though. :p

I put anabolism. Don't think it's in the syllabus though.

Amino acids to protein is a condensation reaction which also has something to do with anabolism of simple molecules to complex ones
so I think you're right

Reaction score
i put polmerisation/condensation, then cut over it and wrote assimilation. does assimilation make sense?