• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

doin A level in One year

Reaction score
well i was thinking about saving an other year of my life (after doing o level in 2 years) to do A level in one year and be done with it subjects ::chemistry physics math. what type of grades will i get and is it possible i just want a AAA to BBB grade THE WHOLE A LEVEL IN ONE Year not as level>

Reaction score
well i was thinking about saving an other year of my life (after doing o level in 2 years) to do A level in one year and be done with it subjects ::chemistry physics math. what type of grades will i get and is it possible i just want a AAA to BBB grade THE WHOLE A LEVEL IN ONE Year not as level>
Yes you can do a levels in one year by giving composite papers of the three subjects, and can expect good grades. However, prepare to put in a lot of work because it definitely won't be that easy.

Reaction score
I got CDD in AS as I sailed through the year and didnt really care about it. To be honest I learned absolutely nothing and I dont blame my teachers for it as they were strangers to the cambridge syllabys themself. There wasnt much they could do to help and so no one in my class really did very well. If I remember correctly the highest in my class was BCD. After results day I self studyed for 2 months and gave AS+A2 in Oct/Nov and got A*A*B. ( B in AS English which was 2% away from an A ). Anyway I spent like 7 hours a day studying for 2 months straight. Its not easy and requires quite alot of effort. I hope for your sake you have good teachers and spend that one year well. If you have one full proper year of learning it should be no problem and in my opinion is quite easy.

Reaction score
I would never recommend someone to give A-Level in 1 year. First of all its not like O-Level, its a lot harder and involves practical work. In 1 year, first no school will teach you all that in 1 year and if you study at home then you probably can't practice and learn practicals at home. If somehow you manage to get classes for practicals, still it will be a lot to study. Even two years are not enough for it, the syllabus is originally designed to be completed in 3 years, its a lot more than F.Sc or any other high school syllabus. If you still wish to do it in one year then to get AAA you will have to only study for 1 year, by that I mean literally study only. Also your mind should be capable of grasping things fast, I did my biology in o-levels as an extra subject, studied like a few weeks before oct/nov exams and still got an A. All I want to say is don't compare it with O-Levels, the syllabus is not very hard but a lot specially chemistry and physics. I'm currently in my A2 and I can't imagine how a person can study all this in 1 year and get AAA.
I'm not discouraging you but don't waste your money in just trying, A-Levels cost quite high.

Reaction score
I would never recommend someone to give A-Level in 1 year. First of all its not like O-Level, its a lot harder and involves practical work. In 1 year, first no school will teach you all that in 1 year and if you study at home then you probably can't practice and learn practicals at home. If somehow you manage to get classes for practicals, still it will be a lot to study. Even two years are not enough for it, the syllabus is originally designed to be completed in 3 years, its a lot more than F.Sc or any other high school syllabus. If you still wish to do it in one year then to get AAA you will have to only study for 1 year, by that I mean literally study only. Also your mind should be capable of grasping things fast, I did my biology in o-levels as an extra subject, studied like a few weeks before oct/nov exams and still got an A. All I want to say is don't compare it with O-Levels, the syllabus is not very hard but a lot specially chemistry and physics. I'm currently in my A2 and I can't imagine how a person can study all this in 1 year and get AAA.
I'm not discouraging you but don't waste your money in just trying, A-Levels cost quite high.

Seconded, except for the 3 years part.

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with these forums. I meant that I agree with what you said. :)
oh yea i figured that out later what seconded could mean:p
and the 3 years part...em I said that because in Europe they do their A Levels in 13th.

Reaction score
oh yea i figured that out later what seconded could mean:p
and the 3 years part...em I said that because in Europe they do their A Levels in 13th.

I'm not sure about the whole of Europe, but I know that in England A-Levels are studied for two years. You're right that they do their A-Levels in Year 13. However, they do their GCSEs (equivalent to O-Levels) in years 10 and 11. So they start college in year 12.