• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Does LUMS allow you to choose your major?

Reaction score
You see, a guy I know left LUMS about 4 years ago after completing his first year and applied to another university. Pretty recently I asked him the reason and he told me that he wanted to do his BS in Accounting but LUMS tried to force him to major in Economics instead. He told me that LUMS chooses your major and you don't really have a choice. Is this (still) true?

Now I intend to apply to LUMS SSE next year, and I intend to go for Computer Science. What if LUMS throws me into something like a Maths BS or even Biology. Can this happen? Do I really not have a choice?

Reaction score
if you DONT perform good in your 1st year, they can force a major of their choice on you in the 2nd year. Its competitive there

Reaction score
You see, a guy I know left LUMS about 4 years ago after completing his first year and applied to another university. Pretty recently I asked him the reason and he told me that he wanted to do his BS in Accounting but LUMS tried to force him to major in Economics instead. He told me that LUMS chooses your major and you don't really have a choice. Is this (still) true?

Now I intend to apply to LUMS SSE next year, and I intend to go for Computer Science. What if LUMS throws me into something like a Maths BS or even Biology. Can this happen? Do I really not have a choice?

Yeah it happens but mostly in accounting and eco department!
If you wana join SSE and choose CS it wont be a problem as only ELECTRICAL ENGINERRING has such a problem but CS is not a problem as only 60/70 out of 240 batch go to cs! So LUMS wont force you to choose any other major! :p
But better option is to checkup with LUMS and confirm it with them just to be absolutely sure!

Reaction score

y do LUMS force to major in the pogrammes of their choice...???

Reaction score
LCAT tests maths and english while LUMS SSE tests maths,english,physics,chemistry,another maths section and bio section.U have to choose three section of the four science sections