• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

do you need ielts for uk if you have an A in olevel english??

Reaction score
i desperately want to know
Many universities are fine with Olevel English for English proficiency requirement, but most universities in the UK do prefer international candidates to present ielts grades, this can possibly make your UCAS application strong. Anyway it's not hard, similar to English as a Second Language. I will definitely recommend you to contact unis you are planning to apply, or just check their website for any English requirements. Good Luck though! :D

Reaction score
yes you need IELTS whether u have A in O levels. If you have appeared in General Paper, a subject of A level, then u don't need IELTS. Nd you need 7.5 band in ielts for medical and sociology. 6.5 for engineering................

Reaction score
according to wat i know u jz dnt need to have taken ielts if u have A in ur A level (eng). A in o level is nt up to par.so either A in A level eng or ielts, take wateva u r comfrtabl with.
ol d bst (y)...