• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Do we lose marks if we don't put in 3 sf

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
and what about physics?
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb

DEFINITELY for physics..(u wont get the final mark..)
though physics; you have to decide the appropriate no. of significant figures..it's usually same as the no. of significant figures in the least accurate reading (the one with least sf) or one better than that..

Reaction score
for physics prac you have to give answers to least number of sf as give in readings

i checked with my teacher, that for maths and physics long answer the rule is 3sf or MOREEE!

And this is true as last year for my maths exam i got 86% and i gave all my answers to 3sf or more.
So if they took 1 mark away for not giving answer to 3sf each time does that mean i would have gotten like 90%+? Don't think so...

Reaction score
for physics prac you have to give answers to least number of sf as give in readings

i checked with my teacher, that for maths and physics long answer the rule is 3sf or MOREEE!

And this is true as last year for my maths exam i got 86% and i gave all my answers to 3sf or more.
So if they took 1 mark away for not giving answer to 3sf each time does that mean i would have gotten like 90%+? Don't think so...

Okay thanks :)