• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

do student choose core and extended or the school (igcse)?

Reaction score
It depends. For instance, at my school teachers first evaluate the students in the first year then they have a 'talk' with them about their options. But at the end of the day it was the student's choice unless someone cannot hope to sit the extended paper then they are forced to do core.

Reaction score
do student choose core and extended or the school (igcse)?
in my school..this time around..the school's choosing..but last year..my freind wrote to the cie when the same happened..and the school was forced to change the decssion..:)

Reaction score
In our school we do not have any option we have to give extended. Even no one cares in our school. They only give paper according to our school

Reaction score
Actuall...in our school only few students are there who are not good enough and can only give core but even they don't want to seat for core even though they can fail.....

Reaction score
mainly, school's decide whether core or extended for their students... in my school, we didn't really have a choice so we had to go with the extended..