• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Do I really need NOTES?

Reaction score
I am worried about my exam prep..some people have advised that reference books and pastpapers are enough..but students who go for tuitions get really cool notes for the Exam prep ...An :shock: in subjects like ISLAMIAT and PAK.STUDIES Ive heard that READY-MADEe NOTES are of Great help!

Any advice????http://xtremepapers.net/forums/posting.php?mode=post&f=25#

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Actually notes help u cover each and every topic in the syllabus properly!!without missing anything and yeah for those two subjects at least i wud like to have notes :)

Reaction score
Not really if you have well prepared from books and past papers along with markng schemes +examiner reports
but still it's good if you have notes :)

Reaction score
well.............notes help when u have less time and u want quick revision.thus u can quickly go through all the topics...............well.i never took or made notes of islamiyat.different people have different study styles.......n i prefer the one without notes cause i feel easy with it..........depends on u......with what u feel comfortable with. :D

Reaction score
Its always gud to have notes because:
(i) you revise while you are making them
(ii) they are in a style understandable to you, so that during exams you dont have to worry about wat something in the book or mark scheme means
(iii) they are summarized, you dont have to got through the whole chapter to find what u want.

Past paper and books are very good as well. But your notes can be made according to your abilities so you know which area you lack in. I highly prefer making notes, but some people do very well without them as well. Do wat u r comfortable with.

Hope it helps

Reaction score
Nah I would say just go with books+Past Paper+ Marking Schemes, at least for Islamiyat preparing from book and marking scheme is better. For Pakistan Studies, if you think you are okay with preparing from books then no need of notes, but if you want you can prepare from notes.

Reaction score
I only referred to my notes for Islamiat in may session and got A*. I hardly referred to any past papers. I do refer a lot to past papers for other subjects, but for subjects like ISL I think its useless.

Reaction score
Islamiat: Only books and past papers. And get notes for Question 1 in both the papers. To save time you need to knw the answers to this question because you know what the question is. You may make notes for Verses and Hadith, which can be useful for the last minute.
Pakistan Studies: You do require notes. But you should make your own notes. They are really helpful. Just read books and keep a note of a important points and write them down. These points are helpful in the end and easier to store in the mind. :p But taking ready made notes isnt helpful. Atleast not helpful for me in anyway. Infact my notes in the olevels classes for 3 years were useless in the end in front of the books.

TSZ

Reaction score
i dun think u really need those but u cn refer to dem. whats the harm in using a thing which doesnt cause any harm but i gt an A in pk. std. without notes and a c in isl without notes

Reaction score
It depends on person to person how they prepare for their exams. Some people are more hard working then others. Who make their own notes from books and lectures and then use them to get an A. While others use ready made notes and use them and still get an A. While others don't use notes and just by studying books can get an A. It depends what kind of a person you are.

Reaction score
THANK YOU EVERYONE!! i was just confused as tuition teachers give notes!!BUt now i understand that notes are used only to summarixe the topic and in way that u can understand them.............so if i want to make notes i'll make them myself rom now on rather than downloading them!=D+_=

Reaction score
i want u to prepare ur own notes of every topic and than of qstns of past papers consulting marking scheme and examiner report ..... u would know much and need of Xtra notes would end................... HOPE U TRY IT