• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Do American and Canadian universities care how many times you've taken your AS or A2 exams?

Reaction score
I know that in the UK, all of your retakes of exams will be disclosed to their universities. In other words, universities like Cambridge and Oxford will know how many times you've resat for an AS or A2 exam and your previous grades.

I was told by my teacher that American and Canadian universities don't have to know how many times you've retaken the exam. That information doesn't get disclosed when you send in your application. You can just send in your latest AS/A2 scores to them. Is this true?

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Don't repeat you A-level for US colleges, unless you have D's. Your focus should be on SATs.

As for Canadian universities, I don't think they care that much about repeating your A-level as long as you meet their grade requirements.

Reaction score
Don't repeat you A-level for US colleges, unless you have D's. Your focus should be on SATs.

As for Canadian universities, I don't think they care that much about repeating your A-level as long as you meet their grade requirements.

Hey bro ^_^ Don't repeat your* A-level =)

Reaction score
For the US, the retakes, subject retakes don't. But the sessions do.

For example, in MJ 12 you had B, D in ON 12 you improved the same to A B in MJ 13 you gave two different subjects you had A B in ON 13 you gave two diff subjects you had A A.

They'd rather have A A B in any one of the sittings instead. However, this is the case for O levels. (Scale up the numbers retrospectively)
That said, the US universities do not look at your A Level grades, they do, but not at the time of your admission; your admissions are before your results and unconditional.

The UK and Canadian uni's do, however, look at your results. They don't care about the retakes, though. The final grades should be what they want, and the should be coming from subjects they credit towards your condition. For the US, the SAT is much more important, about 40% of your total application weightage. And yes, each of the 3 component best goes in the SATI regardless of the retakes there. Meaning, your highest component scores weighed and added together)