• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Distinguishing Salt analysis ....Chemistry 34.

Reaction score
plz help anyone!!!!!!! how to distinguish Aluminium ions from Lead ions... Both have similiar observations with NaOH and NH3?????

Reaction score
Not Yet... and thanxs for the help.. do you knw wat came in 33??? i mean error thingies??? if it came then it will be must in our paper too.
Nopp, what are we supposed to study for the exam anyways? Any specific points?

Reaction score
addition of HCL, it will form a precipitate with lead(II) ions but not with aluminum ions
and can u also tell me wat to do if my results come colourless for succesive salt analysis test???
and in titration how do i knw which indicator to add????

Reaction score
Nopp, what are we supposed to study for the exam anyways? Any specific points?
In 33, there was salt analysis, hydration/crystallization and titration.
so enthalpy might be coming and we know salt analysis and titrations are must.... Just revise how to draw graph, gradient triangle and record observations in tables... and lets hope paper is super easy and we can do our best(y)

Reaction score
so enthalpy might be coming and we know salt analysis and titrations are must.... Just revise how to draw graph, gradient triangle and record observations in tables... and lets hope paper is super easy and we can do our best(y)
Hopefully it will be easy! :p

Reaction score
ok can u like post notes or questions urgently please i need it so i can like practice tomorrow ok please

Reaction score
ok can u like post notes or questions urgently please i need it so i can like practice tomorrow ok please
Dude the best way to prepare for prac is to just go through 5 past papers that would be enough i think just remember draw tables neatly and gradient triangle must be of mediun size for accurate result.... Salt analysis try to understand wats happening in the test rather just observing your results, u might get observations marks but u won't be able to identify the ions...

Reaction score
Dude the best way to prepare for prac is to just go through 5 past papers that would be enough i think just remember draw tables neatly and gradient triangle must be of mediun size for accurate result.... Salt analysis try to understand wats happening in the test rather just observing your results, u might get observations marks but u won't be able to identify the ions...
pracs have so many variants that is not possible to do five years lets hope for the best fingers crossed

Reaction score
enthalpy aint coming titration and salt analysis are coming

Reaction score
I second that. I am pretty confident that enthalpy isn't coming :)
I really hope it's just titration and salt analysis with minimum calculation.
Hydration is easy marks though :)
lol now my another friend just texted saying that there are three questions in total... so i dont kw what whose right he or that other one