• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

discussion of physics ppr 2 AS

Reaction score
ok guys for nuclear actuvity (last question)

what proved that nucleus is small in comparison with atom?

Reaction score
Raptor said:

few alpha particles deviated by an angle of 10 degree

and the second answer is extremely few (or fewer) alpha particles deviated by an angle of more than 90 degree

Reaction score
i guess between 45-47 for A ( they never go up above 47 in past papers)
and 42-45 for B cuz A and B is not very much difference in marks but grade.

Reaction score
Kz99 said:
well the question didn't say it was hanging on a frictionless wooden rod, so i wrote friction and the other force was the reaction force,Am not sure if these are the correct forces though.

i wrote exactly same but not sure..!!!

Reaction score
supermagic said:
Raptor said:

few alpha particles deviated by an angle of 10 degree

and the second answer is extremely few (or fewer) alpha particles deviated by an angle of more than 90 degree

yea itx right!!

Reaction score
i dun think i got dat one rite...it was around 26..!!! not sure..!!

Reaction score
the gt for june 10 p22 was 32
so inshala low grade threshhold this year so i can make the A

Reaction score
yes,even i got 3.33 as a ratio!!!
messed up alot in electricity question....lyk first time i solved the question,i thot it was wrong,then i cut it out and show the correct ans,dunno..it was quite messy and still nt sure ab the answers...
you guys,u know what is the percentile going to be this time???to get an A?any idea?
and fr the shading of the graph,frm the previous discusssion,i've seen they shaded the area between the two curves as the Es!..HOWCUM?
It has said that this energy was the energy needed for the permenant deformation,so isn't it going to be the area under the whole graph,lyk shade included both 1st and the second graph,everything!...as the area between two curves is the energy DISSIPATED,not fr the permenant deformation....guess!!!
but im STILL not sure!
suggestions plz??????
im really worried...the paper overall was bad!

Reaction score
The Es Energy I got was 6.1 mJ. I think its just Substraction between The upperline area with the lower line area.
i calculate it by using trapesium rule.

Reaction score
Edifier said:
Raptor said:
ok for waves question does the number 3.3 ring a bell?
Yes! I got the ratio of intensity as 3.3

intensity is proportional to ampliotude squred and frequency squred
but frequency is constant so only take amplitude^2
at source the amplitude was 2mm and 6.0cm apart was 1.2mm
therefore (2^2)/(1.2^2) = 2.78 not 3.33
idk how did u get 3.33 i guess u did (2^2)/1.2 = 3.33 ?

Reaction score
no no,i acatually ddnt get the second amplitude as 1.2mm...as far as i rmr was 1.1mm(think the difference is due to the error in the graph reading?)
so (2^2)/(1.1^2)=3.3!!!!
hey am i going to get marks on this still,even though the way of working out the intensity is absolutely ryt!

Reaction score
question1.ii scalar vectr scalr. b) 25sin35
question3:reaction force of the rod and the action force provided by the hand...(sum of my frnds wrote the friction btwn the rod nd paper thingy too)
it will come to rest cuz of no resultant torque nd will come to rest in along the rod passin through G:)
question2:projectile: 1st part=1.71m by using s=vcos theta t......2nd aprt by using 2as=v^2-usin theta^2
question4:i dnt remember which question was it lol....
question5:electricity.....r total for the 1st part i got 857.3 sumthn.....voltage=3.2voltage......thn used potential divider wala formula to calcutale the new r total.....nd calcultaed the temperature by the ratio
ques 6:waves....as power/energy is directly propertional to the intensity of a wave nd intensity is dirctly proportional to amp square therefore as the amp was decreasin along the wave so will the power/energy
ratio=1/9 every1 in here got the same answer
question7:nucleusis small: small number of particles got deviated
nucleus is charged:deviations were greater thn 90 degrees
y isnt B particle used:less mass so more deviation......negatively charged so will be highle attracted towards the nucleus:):)

Reaction score
Hey a little confusion for the projectile question look t my work:

s = ut + 1/2 a t ^2

= (12.4)sin34 (0.7) + (1/2)(-9.81)(0.7)^2 which is equal to 7.1 m so how come some got 1.3 m or i am not correct.

The gt will be 37-40 because the level of physics has indeed lowered in the last 2 years so just chill...!!!!!!!!