• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Disadvantages of Intranet

Reaction score
utsav156 said:
CAn anyone help me with the disadvantages of intranet!!!!

u can not go outside of your intranet... the information sharing is limited to intranet usually

intranet can not be accessed from outside without using special VPN connections.

intranet computers are often run on low-demilitarized security zone, or kind of trusted zone, which may often pose security threat

Reaction score
Mortal9090 said:
utsav156 said:

u can not go outside of your intranet... the information sharing is limited to intranet usually

intranet can not be accessed from outside without using special VPN connections.

intranet computers are often run on low-demilitarized security zone, or kind of trusted zone, which may often pose security threat

can u xplain me the terms shorteest job first, round robin pilicy, shortest remainning tym, first come first serve~!!!

Reaction score
haha...why to waste time typing when there is a button ....isn't it Mortal. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
utsav156 said:
Mortal9090 said:
utsav156 said:

can u xplain me the terms shorteest job first, round robin pilicy, shortest remainning tym, first come first serve~!!!

shortest job first:
its easy to understand, its like you go to a grocery store and only buy 1 single egg, and when you're checking out, the person who is checking out prior to you has a whole lot of cart of items... so when the merchant sees you with holding 1 single egg waiting to check out, he gives you priority because you want to buy only one item (shortest job) as compared to the other big fat guy who has whole load of basket of items.

round robin policy:
are you talking in terms of DNS? anyway round robin generally means load-balancing. it can be used to create an always-up system for example you have a software running on a computer being accessed by 1000 users, what if that computer goes down for some reason? you dont want those 1000 users to stop working and enjoy holiday at ur work, so you create a round robin policy of load balancing for example in which that software which is used by 1000 users is run simultaenously by more than 1 server, lets say 5 servers, so if one of the server goes down, the 1000 users will continue to use the remaining 4 servers. i hope this make sense

first come first:
lets go back to previous example of shortest job... its like no matter how much stuff you are carrying in your checkout basket, if you come first at checkout counter, you will be served first, if you come second, you'll be second, that's it.

btw which exam it is?

cheers

Reaction score
This is for those schedulling policy questions,

Short job first
in this policy jobs are managed in ready queue in such a way that the jobs requiring minimum time can enter running state at the start. this favours short jobs

RRobin policy

processor time is divided into time slices. each job is given maximum equal time in turn

first com first service

this policy provides the processing to jobs in the order they are received by processor. the job to enter the queue at the first is the one to be processed at the 1st

this much will be enough for the question with 6 marks