• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Difference between molten and liquid form

Reaction score
As the topic indicates, is there anyone who can tell the difference between between them or explain if they both are same.

Reaction score
As the topic indicates, is there anyone who can tell the difference between between them or explain if they both are same.
Basically molten means the substance has undergone melting at high temperature. Liquid can mean molten as well as normal
liquids like water etc

Reaction score
so it means that you can say that water is in molten form at room temperature. In other words, molten is same as liquid then. Is that right. When i asked my chemistry teacher this question, i didn't got any satisfactory answer. I would really appreciate it if u further explain it or u fully justify this concept (if possible).
Thanks

Reaction score
so it means that you can say that water is in molten form at room temperature. In other words, molten is same as liquid then. Is that right. When i asked my chemistry teacher this question, i didn't got any satisfactory answer. I would really appreciate it if u further explain it or u fully justify this concept (if possible).
Thanks
Absolutely not!!!!!!!. the definition of a liquid is a substance at room temperature has no fixed shape and but has a fixed volume
but molten by definition means anything that is changed from a solid state to a liquid by heating it.So anything that is molten is obviously a liquid but the reverse is not right bcoz For example, if you condense steam you get liquid water, but you wouldn't refer to it as "molten" in that situation. In layman's usage, the word "molten" is generally reserved for very, very hot liquids (molten rock, molten steel, etc), although I suppose you could use it to refer to the water that comes from ice that just melted, even while the water is still cold.