• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CS

Reaction score
Asalam o alaikum all.

My name is Faizan and i'm doing my A2s currently. Hopefully it will end in this may/june session.
I want to go in CS field after my A'levels. These past few weeks i've been struggling in choosing the right university i should attend.

Here is some homework i did about the institutes.
-I spoke to elders/seniors about this, 90% of them said to attend FAST for CS (since they specialize in it, they said).
-Some said in FAST you're most likely to get 'maila company' (no offense to FAST students. I'm not sure about the life over there. I'm just speaking on others' opinions).
-I personally prefer IBA because of extra curriculars and their requirements are high which is good, I think. Whilst FAST's requirements are 50% on aggregate.
oho.gif

-They both have similar fee structures.
-IBA is city centre while FAST is on the other end of Karachi.

What are your thoughts about this? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Reaction score
Asalam o alaikum all.

My name is Faizan and i'm doing my A2s currently. Hopefully it will end in this may/june session.
I want to go in CS field after my A'levels. These past few weeks i've been struggling in choosing the right university i should attend.

-I spoke to elders/seniors about this, 90% of them said to attend FAST for CS (since they specialize in it, they said).
-Some said in FAST you're most likely to get 'maila company' (no offense to FAST students. I'm not sure about the life over there. I'm just speaking on others' opinions).
-I personally prefer IBA because of extra curriculars and their requirements are high which is good, I think. Whilst FAST's requirements are 50% on aggregate.
oho.gif

Thanks a lot in advance.
I can't really say about the universities themselves, but don't base your judgement on what others say. It isn't necessary that you become friends with 'maila company'. You can always avoid them. You should really base your judgement on academics. You should try asking some students who're studying in each uni because even though the elders are good sources, it's usually best to ask a student because they'll tell you honestly.
Good luck :)

Reaction score
I can't really say about the universities themselves, but don't base your judgement on what others say. It isn't necessary that you become friends with 'maila company'. You can always avoid them. You should really base your judgement on academics. You should try asking some students who're studying in each uni because even though the elders are good sources, it's usually best to ask a student because they'll tell you honestly.
Good luck :)

Thanks a lot for the input reesh but you didn't really mention which university you recommend me to go to?

Reaction score
Asalam o alaikum all.

oho.gif

Thanks a lot in advance.
I'll add comments on all points one by one:
- These 90% people are absolutely right. If u want to do CS in Pakistan, then there's no other place better than FAST. Period.
- I disagree with this. I have attended FAST (Lahore) for a week, and I easily found friends matching my own personality within that short time. I'm sure U would do that too.
- Do not rate ur options on the basis of extra curricular only. Remember: Ur first priority should be how good the university is in conducting ur discipline of interest. That being said, FAST is not bad in EC as well. Of course it would be less when compared to IBA, but if ur really up to it, then FAST won't disappoint u either. Don't worry about requirement, CS is better in FAST than in IBA, that's the only thing u need to care about.
- This one is actually funny. Ur weighing ur options on the basis of distance from ur home (or any other place for that matter)? Passionate people don't even hesitate going out of city or country when it comes to making this decision. This thing should not matter in ur final decision!

One more thing I would like to mention it here. I am from Lahore, I got admission in FAST (lhr) started attending its classes until I got admission in NUST (isb). Left FAST came here in NUST(Software Engineering). Initially I was very glad with my decision, but now after spending almost 3 years in this field, a little part of me regrets leaving FAST CS for NUST.
Having said that, I would recommend u go to FAST for ur CS. U won't regret it. Best of luck :)

Reaction score
- These 90% people are absolutely right. If u want to do CS in Pakistan, then there's no other place better than FAST. Period.
- I disagree with this. I have attended FAST (Lahore) for a week, and I easily found friends matching my own personality within that short time. I'm sure U would do that too.
- Do not rate ur options on the basis of extra curricular only. Remember: Ur first priority should be how good the university is in conducting ur discipline of interest. That being said, FAST is not bad in EC as well. Of course it would be less when compared to IBA, but if ur really up to it, then FAST won't disappoint u either. Don't worry about requirement, CS is better in FAST than in IBA, that's the only thing u need to care about.
- This one is actually funny. Ur weighing ur options on the basis of distance from ur home (or any other place for that matter)? Passionate people don't even hesitate going out of city or country when it comes to making this decision. This thing should not matter in ur final decision!

One more thing I would like to mention it here. I am from Lahore, I got admission in FAST (lhr) started attending its classes until I got admission in NUST (isb). Left FAST came here in NUST(Software Engineering). Initially I was very glad with my decision, but now after spending almost 3 years in this field, a little part of me regrets leaving FAST CS for NUST.
Having said that, I would recommend u go to FAST for ur CS. U won't regret it. Best of luck :)

Thanks a lot for the input dude.

I can't really say since I don't know each unis details :p

haha lol thanks anyways :p

Reaction score

why d

y do u regret doing soft ware engineering???

Reaction score
ohh w
Let's just say that I didn't have interest in the courses being offered in Software Engineering. I did not know that before joining...
ohh what a re the courses??plz help me regarding dis field as i want to do it as well?and tell me from cs and software engineering which is better?