• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

"continue on" game!!! (join in!)

Reaction score
He was confused,
The damage by the fire were too great, he even now was beginning to have second thoughts that was it a fire or something even bigger something more of evil.
The little girl was totally dependant on him, on other hand was his wife and hundreds of other trapped people,
"The rescue workers would be on their way" he thought, "they could save them"
but it was than he began to notice that there was no sirens, no commotion, no noise outside. Silence

Reaction score
DUDE THAT IS LAME !! YOU JUST SPOILED A STORY THAT WAS ACTUALLY GOING GOOD. :%) :crazy: :no:

Reaction score
Nevertheless, he decided to take matters into his own hands. He saw an emergency glass cabinet hung on the wall, he went towards it and broke the glass. There was a red button inside it. He pressed it, and all of a sudden, the siren began to ring. It kept ringing, but that wasn't all, soon enough, he heard other sirens ringing, all at once, creating a deafening din.

Reaction score
"What is happening" the girl asked, her voice seeming distant under the wailing siren.
"Uh I thin--" before he can reply, the sound of siren decreased, only to be substituited by sound of some heavy machinery contraptions. Something was surely happening, behind the walls, below the floor and above the roof.
and the room suddenly began to go spin, first slowly than began to take momentum.
The little girl made a low sob,
The man realise there was more to it than a careless fire, more to it than ruin that surrounded him, more to to it than he himself, he, William Ross

As spinning began to slow the way it had speeded up, And as it was almost halting to the stop he realised the room was rising, It was an elevator.

(@arlery:I wrote soo much coz I had a feeling that we wont be able to come out of that ruins if we didnt do so :p)
Edit: and I also wanted to gave this guy a name, was pretty bored calling this guy "the man, the man....".

Reaction score
n then WILLIAM ROSS rmmbers hes a poet n starts writng a poem while da grl laughs happily evr aftr :p :p :D
u hd 2 name him william ross? bt y??????????

Reaction score
Well someone other than me have to continue, (Why not you try?)
I named him that, coz heroes always have second name usually short coz you have to write it many times and you dont wanna write "Martin rutherford" ot somrthin similar every time. And Why I chose William Ross is coz that was the first thing that came in my head.

Reaction score
The lift sped down, then abruptly its doors opened. This time, he decided, he would walk out of it. He wanted to get out of this thing, this phenomenon, whatever it was, as soon as possible. It gave him the creeps, not to mention the little girl was in tears, scared out of her wits. He stepped out, holding the little girl's hand, stepping out with her. He looked around, it was white room, a seamless white room, whose walls were out of sight. It was the size of fields from his childhood's time, but as he started walking outside, he realized, he could see grass, white grass !

Reaction score
The Land of No Colours

"White grass" he thought, "It cant surely be white".
The little girl feeling a lot better now seem to read his thought as she too showed her astonishment for the white grass.
They walked on. They saw a herd of cows mowing, all of them white and at most they had a shade of gray.
"Why are they white", this time the girl asked it first.
"Uhm, I dont know, maybe a different breed? uh.."

There astonishment increased as they progress further....grayish horse...a black dog...gray ground...dark gray pebbles...white birds...gray..black...more gray..white..

"This thing is driving me mad" Ross whispered to himself, "Where on Earth are the colours?"
Tho, both quite astonished and surprised, and equally fearful....they walked on......

Reaction score
"If these are cattle, then there must be civilization here" he comforted the girl.
"Are you sure uncle?" she asked, her eyes wide with fear.
"Yeah of course, don't worry." he replied.

They kept walking and soon enough they saw two rows of white and gray houses. As they came closer, they saw a woman who was hanging her clothes on the clothes line, which to no one's surprise was gray. She had pale white skin and long raven black hair that were left loose. She was wearing a black tunic. She looked like she was nineteen, at most twenty years old. Sighing in relief, he walked towards her with a grin on his face. The relief of finally meeting a person sunk in and he quickened his pace. As he reached her, she looked up from beside the line and she gave a look of amusement and surprise.
"Excuse me miss..." he started, but she interrupted him saying " If my father sent you, then let me make it clear, I will not agree to what he is saying. Every time, he tries to persuade me sending..." she rolled her eyes then continued "a weird variety of people, thinking I'll agree, but no. I will not wear white or gray. I want to wear Black, besides all my friends do, it's a trend and what's the harm in it?"
He tried to dissuade her "But..." yet she stopped him once again saying "and if you're here to give me a prophecy of a dark future, then let me tell you the woman who came before you, trying to make listen to her absurd ideas about a colorful world, was not successful either."
Another woman? maybe it was his wife ...

Reaction score
(@Arlery: You sure got talent!)

"Another woman? may be it is my wife" he thought, and without a single word shot his question
"Where did that woman go?" he asked impatiently,
"Do you think that these little question will fool me? faking ignorance about that woman would let me believe you are not from my father?" she said suspiciously "I know my father, he is sly as a fox"

"That wont get what you want Ross...." He thought to himself "think think think and think, you gotta brain of a size of a coconut, think!"
"Now will you excuse me," said the woman "I am going, and you may return to my father " she squinted her eyes yet again"as a bearer of a bad news" she mocked.
She turned to leave, and it was than Ross spoke from behind
"Well being at your father's service, This was his last attempt to change your mind but as this plan had gone amiss," he paused "Due to your unmatched intelligence", he flattered "I bring you the news from your father that you may wear black"

It was the only thing Ross could come up with, and he did it, and waited for the reaction....

Reaction score
She eyed him again, then asked "What's your name?"
"William Ross, but you can call me Will" he replied.

Reaction score
"I do remember a "Will" working at my father, but was it William or Willingston?" the woman questioned, and squinted her eyes thinking.
"Rest assured, his name is Williams and thats me" said Ross quickly, who sure didnt want to give her time to think over the matter of names.
"Well if that is true, then" she paused for a moment "Hurray!, Wooohooo" she yelled in sudden excitement and Ross was taken aback for a split of a second.
till now Ross knew he did fine, but the question was for how long could he put up the act. It was matter of time before they truth would resurface, and he had to make sure that by than, he is long away. Away may be with Jenny, may be...

Reaction score
He followed her into the house, bringing the girl with him. She was taken aback by the fact that a man could be so caring for a child who was not his own. She knew he wasn't Willington who worked in her father's office, but she wanted to know what this strange man was doing here. She just wanted to know the truth, but from his own mouth. Having to force it of him would do no good to his soul. Here in the Land of No Colors, if your soul was tainted, you would not be allowed here, and you would not be allowed to leave. It would then be a life of eternal slavery and servitude to the then Ruling Chieftain. But a sould could only be tainted if a foreigner lied to one of Original ancestry. Being the kind soul that she was, she led him into the kitchen and offered him the vegetable stew and potato pie she had made earlier that day. Here in the Land of No Colors, he sky never turned dark, the most it ever did was turn a mere gray. Will noticed the queer color when he looked at it, and he missed the seamless blue color of the sky on Earth.

Reaction score
He sat down to eat the stew, and realised that for how long he havent eatan anything, The woman noticed it as well, that was that further intrigued her.
He ate the grayish stew, and than sat his hand on the grey pie.
He suddenly ask, "You talked about a woman that came before me, didnt you?"
"Yeah, so what about her?" the woman replied
"Where did she go? "
"She wasnt from my father's place?" she questioned.

Will thought, he didnt wanted to let slip his identity, but neither wanted to let his careless talk be of potential danger of his wife.

The woman meanwhile was more intrigued. This man who called himself "the WILL" from my fathers place, seems to be quite interested about the woman. Why do he want to know about her? and more importantly, Who is this man?

Reaction score
But her thoughts were interrupted when he brought her attention to him. Will had decided lying would get him no where, and he now decided to tell her the truth. If he kept on lying, he would fall in his own trap. So he did the one thing he could, he snapped his fingers to get her attention, she seemed to be busy in her own thoughts.
'I'm sorry. I lied' said Will, in a toneless voice.
'About what?' she asked him, wondering what his reply would be.
'About everything. My name is William. I don't work in your father's place. I don't even know how I got here. All I remember is that I woke up in the ruins of the hospital where my wife was admitted. I saw dead bodies everywhere, and this little girl woke with me. We then walked into an old elevator and this is the place we stepped into.' he said hastily, without letting her interrupt him.
'The girl's eyes widened.
'I don't believe it. I had read about the myth of the elevator but I never knew it existed.'

Reaction score
"Myth about elevator? hmm... can you tell me more about it?"
The woman cleared her throat and began, "This world, the world of no colour, was not always such,"She paused, "It is said that thousands of year ago, this was a part of the normal world, the world of colours," as she said the word 'colour', her eyes reflected a suppressed desire, "But due to some unknown reason it was said to be pushed under the ground, and deprived of the colours as a punishment to all who live in it". She stopped.
"Then?" asked Will interested by the story.
"The legends speaked of a way out of this bewithched world but for thousands of years we people searched until we dismiss the legend as false, It also speaks of a saviour that will come and bring into this world back its lost gift but..."
"But what?" asked Will
"The legend said that the saviour would only come after the great storm of fire that will envelope the real world and he would be one of the few survivors to survive it"...

Things were beggining to get clear....

Reaction score
[Wow. That was brilliant. You're seriously talented !!]

He now got the clearer picture. But it could not be. Him, William Ross, a savior? No, this girl was probably mistaken. But what if it was true? But that would mean that everyone else had died. So went the paradoxical statements his mind was contradicting him with. He was confused, moreover, what would he tell the little girl when he himself was so unsure about everything?

'What else does the augury say?' he asked.
'Augury?' she replied, looking confused.
'Yeah, augury, as in, the prophecy, what does it say?' he asked again, displaying no signs of the frustration that was building inside.
'It says "He shalt bring all to peace. His coming will be the coming, of a dark storm, hinder his words, come to his aid. He will come ere the nightfall cascades and he will restore to peace all that ever was. The coming of dark times are nigh, so begone to his aid before it is too late" those are the exact words, or what I remember of them.' she replied.