• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Content to help u in English

Reaction score

Attachments

• English Guide 1123.pdf
    146.9 KB · Views: 127
  • English Last Minute Revision.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 118
Reaction score
Take all the credit u want :) Like i said, i just gathered the content in one place, some of it i uploaded myself ...

Reaction score
Hey guys, is it really necessary to include dialogues in narrative writing? :) Please respond.

narratives are always with dialogues unless u r deaf. it is not a strict condition. but if u dont write it u will probably lose marks.

Reaction score
i saw it in OALD, i thought why not share it with u guys
staregaze peer glare
These words all mean to look at sb/sth for a long time.
 stare to look at sb/sth for a long time, especially with surprise or fear, or because you are thinking: I screamed and everyone stared. 
gaze (rather formal) to look steadily at sb/sth for a long time, especially with surprise or love, or because you are thinking: We all gazed at Marco in amazement.
 peer to look closely or carefully at sth, especially when you cannot see it clearly 
glare to look angrily at sb/sth for a long time: I looked at her and she glared stonily back.

Reaction score
how can i create complex atmosphere in descriptive writing..???
and how can i describe building.. including its internal and external structure..

Reaction score
Probably just read some vocab.
It's all unseen, there isn't very much you can prepare.
But eh, that's just my opinion.

is there anyway to get better ideas while writing? dont ask me to read please. there's not enough time.

Reaction score
how can i create complex atmosphere in descriptive writing..???
and how can i describe building.. including its internal and external structure..
try reading move into english. or read some travelling stories. just few of them. note the techniques they use to describe things, places and people. then improve ur vocab a little but memorising very few but useful words which can be helpful in describing things. i know u dont have enough time but that is the shortest effective way which i can tell u.

Reaction score
is there anyway to get better ideas while writing? dont ask me to read please. there's not enough time.
Aha, true there's not enough time for that. It's okay if you don't have an amazing plot, just make sure your story makes sense and the topic is it's central theme. As long as your english is satisfactory you should score good marks. Just go through some past papers and try and get the gist of the kind of stories that have come. Don't worry, narrative writing is comparitively easy to the other types. Try and go through some P1 ERs. Insh'Allah, you'll do well.

Reaction score
Aha, true there's not enough time for that. It's okay if you don't have an amazing plot, just make sure your story makes sense and the topic is it's central theme. As long as your english is satisfactory you should score good marks. Just go through some past papers and try and get the gist of the kind of stories that have come. Don't worry, narrative writing is comparitively easy to the other types. Try and go through some P1 ERs. Insh'Allah, you'll do well.

i agree with u avator btw. i felt the same thing when i read novels each night.