• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

computing p2 discussion

Reaction score
how was your paper 2??
i hope it was easy paper.. but the question of raul was somewhat irritating.. :p
what value was assigned for other elements?? i wrote 0 :p
and what was the update array if a letter was read??

Reaction score
when -1 was entered the function returned the value "2". but that is a wrong output ...

it can be found by adding an statement which checks if the input is either positive integer or a negative one..

this was the answer i wrote for that factorial question.. everyone tell its right :p please :D

Reaction score
I think the answer was that it kept recurring when -1 whas added.
prod=n*prod(n-1) was the instruction as i remember it when n is not equal to 1.
When prod(-1) was the value
prod = -1 * prod(-1-1)
to solve this prod(-1-1) has to be solved which becomes prod(-2)
solving prod(-2) you get
prod = -2 * prod (-2-1) and you have to solve prod (-2-1) now.
I dont know whether this is right so plz tell me whether it is or not.

Reaction score
damn it.. i did the same thing earlier.. but thought that it'd end some how.. so got it edited later :mad: shit :mad:

Reaction score
Guys in my opinion it was a really hard paper. Our teacher was an idiot who himself didn't know what the hell the syllabus was. All he taught us was C++.
I was always messing up the part where you had to choose the High Level Programming Language and write the code. That came like three times in the paper...WTF??
Overall I think the percentile is gonna drop significantly so don't really know what grade to expect. Hopefully A.
Guys did anyone do the last part of the last question right??

Reaction score
In last part i just wrote a repeat until loop with the instruction of the allgorithm and the condition that it should end when n<=0.

Reaction score
guys,
since it was the first ever computing paper 2 exam, CIE should have made it easy and similar to the specimen paper format.
the paper had noo similarities with the specimen paper what-so-ever.
and some of the questions like raul and this array, weren't defined properly.
hope they do bring down the grade boundary.
:|

Reaction score
I agree with you rabib2013...
this paper raped many people at my center and it was hard...hell the teacher didn't even know what the hell the syllabus was and he's like to us that you guys are now on you're own...WTF??
Plus this paper had 50% coding questions in which we had use a HLL like c++.
The GT will definitely fall no matter what the circumstances...

Reaction score
i ruined up the ASCII part!! i assigned 65 as 'a' where it should have been 'A'
what marks would i miss??

Reaction score
that's not that big of a mistake...hell i didn't even know ASCII was in our syllabus...i just remembered it from my O-Levels Computer Studies...which btw is child's play compared to this...
you'll lose max 3 marks...if you did rest of the paper right you'll definitely be nearing an A grade becoz the percentile will drop considerably...

Reaction score
In the last question the -1 part i wrote that infinite recursion would occur....the banana question was just off the hook it wasn't explained properly.. :(

Reaction score
well, the -1 part, even i wrote infinite recursion would occur.. cause when i checked with the logic of
the program, it seemed that it wouldn't stop executing for that given input. so i assume your and my answers were correct.

Reaction score
the answer of the recursion of the factorial..when used with -1 is that the recursion continues until stack gets overflown finally reporting an error!

Reaction score
I've also said that the infinite execution would take place,what about the next question where it asks how to avoid this problem? The only thing which came in my mind is to use negation 2 times,what did you guys do for that part???

Reaction score
the solution for that is to use another condition that would always restrict the user to input a negative integer..
if n<0 then
Print "enter a positive integer";n
else
end if
the program gets factorial of a number and a factorial of negative number is never possible..

Reaction score
the question was quite tricky.. i was expecting the paper to be more or less similar to the specimen paper... at my center every student after the exam were seemed to be depressed as they didn't perform well.. i've attempted all the questions though the questions were not defined properly.. damn it :mad: i'd love to see the GT to fall and be like 47-50 :D i'd love to score A* then .. lol :p