• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Assalamualaikum and hello everyone
My AICT practical final is tomorrow and I really need help with this paper, summer 2009 >> this one ;__; kinda panicking..
it's step 13, the whole report. i'm not sure how to make this report.

PLEASE HELP!

Reaction score
ajeeb qns dey give na?
btw, Student of the year, v have wrd (ch 10) so v need 2 noe na? :)

as per syllabus ya....
but from papers point of view, our word doc---the essay ques---should look presentable,
with reasonable formatting....which im sure we know without reading also,
& for the matter we are anyways allowed to use net....
so relax ppl.... dont get tensed

Reaction score
My AICT practical final is tomorrow and I really need help with this paper, summer 2009 >> this one ;__; kinda panicking..

PLEASE HELP!

see the earlier posts... the ans there...
q11:
  • go to query wizard, select from all the tables the required fields
  • in design view put the criteria-->31/7/10 and <1/9/10----in the O_Date column {this is acc to the ms whereas acc to me this criteria should come in both H_Date & O_Date}
  • then do q12, by adding an extra column--- Balance:[Cost]-[Pay]
q13
  • go to report wizard, select a;ll the fields from q11 query
  • select the columnar layout of the report
  • now format the detail section as per the ques, insert labels wherever needed
  • your reports ready
Hope this works....

all the best....

Reaction score

PLEASE HELP!
u made d query in stp 11 n added a field in 12. u've 2 mk a report of dt
mk a report normally, tkg d COLUMNAR layout.
nw c in design view. right click on Report Header, 2wrds d end of d dropdown menu: Report Header/Footer. Delete it (click on dat n say 'Yes'). do d same wid pg header+footer.
now shift all d data below so dat u cn mk d label dat u wnt 2. tk d label n draw. enter text. 1 by 1 select data n its detail n cut it then paste it so dat u cn freely move it. place it 2 match d qn ppr.
repeat.

hope it helped. yet didnt get it, feel free 2 ask.
Ma shaa Allahu la quwwata illa billah.
All d best(y) may Allah help us all.

Reaction score
u made d query in stp 11 n added a field in 12. u've 2 mk a report of dt
mk a report normally, tkg d COLUMNAR layout.
nw c in design view. right click on Report Header, 2wrds d end of d dropdown menu: Report Header/Footer. Delete it (click on dat n say 'Yes'). do d same wid pg header+footer.
now shift all d data below so dat u cn mk d label dat u wnt 2. tk d label n draw. enter text. 1 by 1 select data n its detail n cut it then paste it so dat u cn freely move it. place it 2 match d qn ppr.
repeat.

hope it helped. yet didnt get it, feel free 2 ask.
Ma shaa Allahu la quwwata illa billah.
All d best(y) may Allah help us all.
JazakhAllah Khairan :D Really, thank you SO MUCH! Finally starting to get a grip of this.
In Sha Allah may Allah (SWT) guide us all and make our exams easier

Reaction score
aameen!! n all dat v do..
By the way, in this report when we're making the label for 'Name', and it's corresponding box, is there any formula similar to excel's 'CONCATENATE'? as in, combining the Forename and Surname boxes or something like that?
or else is there any other way to include the name for each record
I hope you get what I mean..

Reaction score
By the way, in this report when we're making the label for 'Name', and it's corresponding box, is there any formula similar to excel's 'CONCATENATE'? as in, combining the Forename and Surname boxes or something like that?
or else is there any other way to include the name for each record
I hope you get what I mean..
u tk d Forename n its detail n put in required plc. den u rename it 2 Name. Reduce d size of d detail wr d prsn's name will b shown. tk d surname now, n plc it beside d detail of forename. u cannot delete d label Surname, so u mk it so small dat itz nt seen.
hope u gt wt i mean ;)

Reaction score
u tk d Forename n its detail n put in required plc. den u rename it 2 Name. Reduce d size of d detail wr d prsn's name will b shown. tk d surname now, n plc it beside d detail of forename. u cannot delete d label Surname, so u mk it so small dat itz nt seen.
hope u gt wt i mean ;)
Hmmm yes yes I get it ._. Quite a time consuming task, this is. JazakhAllah Khairan :)
I hope you don't mind if I ask some more questions later haha

Reaction score
hello,
can you help me with this question paper: http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Applied Information and Communication Technology (9713)/9713_s11_ms_2.pdf

can you help me with question 13? with groupong and average... Thanks

q13:you have to make a query
go to query wizard & select all the fields,
in design view put criteria for Avail1, Avail 2 & Avail 3 as "Yes"
& in name field put criteria as "Black Sabbath" or "Iron Maiden" or "Status Quo"

q14:
in the query of q13, in design view,
add a new field ,type there Ave_price:[Price_1]+[Price_2]+[Price_3]/3
{this is simply the formula for avg 'sum of values/no of values'}
then format this field from property sheet.

q15:
go to report wizard,from the above query select the required fields:name,album title,price fields,avail fields & average price.
go next.....when it asks 'do you want grouping.....' select the field name & create the report...
in design view, insert a group footer & in that place a formula for avg of ave_price field...
add title , header /footer..

Reaction score
Hmmm yes yes I get it ._. Quite a time consuming task, this is. JazakhAllah Khairan :)
I hope you don't mind if I ask some more questions later haha
u might nt believe bt im bored of reading d txt bk..so online 4 qns.. :)
plz feel free: knowledge grows by sharing n i won't hesitate iA :)

Reaction score
u might nt believe bt im bored of reading d txt bk..so online 4 qns.. :)
plz feel free: knowledge grows by sharing n i won't hesitate iA :)
Haha okaay :D There's something that's been bothering me alot, related to excel. Some formulas require stuff like " 1+(value(mid......... " but I don't understand what that " 1+ " is for :/ and when to use it

Reaction score
Haha okaay :D There's something that's been bothering me alot, related to excel. Some formulas require stuff like " 1+(value(mid......... " but I don't understand what that " 1+ " is for :/ and when to use it
w11 qn 9. normal vlookup fnxn.
column index no.: (a/c ms: 1+ value(mid(cell ref)).) dis is coz the comparision will b made, bt 4m wr will d comp show d data, cz it cant show d whole row? u cant straightaway put 1 or 2 or wtver coz it is relative 2 d album. so, wn u look at d top of d spreadsheet of N11Tracks, u c dat d album names r written. u use dat. bt if u only add value(mid(cell ref)), it will show d track of d 1 b4. so u +1.

ask Student of the year if u didnt get it yet. sorry 4 d limited help. :(