• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score

see dear,
your formula means that if the no of hours is more than five then, the no of drivers should be min/300 or else 1.
but the ques says,
'Each driver can only drive for 5 hours and then cannot drive again during each journey.'
so what if the ans for I2/300 is 1.05, the comp will just show 1 driver, and what about the extra .05 hours, the same driver cant drive.

to get the right ans you first divide the total mins ie I2 by 300=5hrs, so you get the no of 300min in I2, and that becomes your no of drivers.
but you add 1, so that you have a driver for the extra time(which is less than 5hrs) after all 5hrs are done.
and finally you multiply that by G2, to get the total no of drivers needed for the journey, bcz there are more than 1 trucks for the journeys and till now we only found for 1 truck.and im sure you know why to add INT.

for eg: if the ans for I2/300=2.38, (so we know that we need 2 drivers,+an extra one for the .38 mins)
then +1=3.38, then INT=3, so we get 3 drivers.
and if G2(ie the no trucks)=4,
then 3*G2=12.
so now we get the total drivers for that journey.

Hope you understood.....:confused:??

Reaction score
Hi, everyone
I don't really understand Q.9 from 2012 paper 2 June , can someone please help me.

its a simple IF formula,
  • when the capacity(no of seats) is <=400, then 1 truck is needed, so you write IF(F3<=400,1.....
  • when the capacity is now >400 or <5000,then for every 400,1 truck is needed and 1 extra always,so you write IF(F3<5000,INT((F3/400)+1)...........
F3/400 is done to find the no of 400 present in F3, & +1 is told to be done, and you put INT,bcz trucks cant be in decimals.
  • and finally you end the function with 15, bcz when both criteria are false ie capacity is more than 5000, then 15 is the ans.
so the entire formula is =IF(F3<=400,1IF(F3<5000,INT(F3/400=1),15))

Hope you understood.......:)

Reaction score

brother I`ll try my best to help you.

q9: I`m sure you`ve understood the question, its simply asking to use lookup function

in D9, enter =VLOOKUP(VALUE(MID(B9,6,2),.........
(VALUE(MID(B9,6,2) is similar to the one in q8, so you know abt it-and 6,2 is used bcz 6th & 7th digit is the track no.

then we enter the table array which is N11TRACKS, so the formula continues as ......N11Tracks.csv!$B$3:$J$18,
and we select from col B to J, bcz they contain track names & codes.

then we enter the col index no,
and we`ve gotta find using the code, the track name acc to the album it is in,
so if the ans for (VALUE(MID(B9,6,2) is 7 and in col C the ans is for album 3(Lyryx III), then the final ans should be (Crimean sun)
{refer to the table N11TRACKS}

analysing the N11TRACKS will show that if album code is 3(for eg) then col E should be referred for the lookup,which is 5 col in our table array
,and this is the case with all codes-- the col index no is 1 more than the album code,
so in the formula we write the col index no as "album code +1"
and since "album code=VALUE(MID(B9,4,2))" , our formula has ..........VALUE(MID(B9,4,2))+1 as our column index no.

so the final formula then looks like this =VLOOKUP(VALUE(MID(B9,6,2)),N11Tracks.csv!$B$3:$J$18,1+VALUE(MID(B9,4,2)),false)

Q13:the ques says that we`ve got to add the start time & duration of the previous row,
this is to be done in two parts: in E4 calculate the mins & in F4 the secs,

E4: we`ll first add the mins ie =E3+G3,
and we also add the secs too ie =F3+H3,
but we want all in mins and before that we need to get the entire time in same unit either mins or secs
so we multiply our mins by 60 =(E3+G3)*60 to make them in secs , now we add th secs to it to get total time=(E3+G3)*60+F3+H3
now this is in secs and to convert th total secs in mins we divide it by 60, =((E3+G3)*60+F3+H3)/60
and this is our final ans

F4:even in this we first get the total time in same unit so we write =(E3+G3)*60+F3+H3 {same as above}
to get total time in secs,
now from the total secs we need to remove the mins, for eg if there are 150 secs, and you need to find the secs in this,so you`ll -120 from this bcz 120 secs means 2 mins,which is (mins*60) so finally you are left with 30 secs,
similarly we`ll minus (60*mins) from the total sec, so in the formula we write -60*mins, & mins=the formula in E4

so the final formula is =((E3+G3)*60+F3+H3)-60*INT(((E3+G3)*60+F3+H3)/60)

Hope this explaination helps you.........:confused:

Tkp

Reaction score
10.show screesnhots of ur validation of no.9
11.this 1 is quite easy.there are 3 types of live data.1)normal 2)abnormal extreme
1)normal- the data that is within the range ex a student can score between 0 t0 100
2)abnormal -this data is not within the range.so the data is not accepted.so it doesnt work.ex a student cant score -8 in his exm which is marks 0f 100
3)extreme -this data consist of extreme highest value or extreme lowest value.so the data is accepted.ex- a sudent can score 0 or 100 which is extreme
take the screen shot of ur abnormal data
13. make a query and in criteria enter the code *sp*
14.just make a report thats it