• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I need 9713_w11_qp_2 , and 9713_s09_qp_2 questions answers with explainations ! can anyone help please ?
try wt u noe, if u 5nd ne problems, post
all d best(y)

Attachments

• 9713_w11_ms_2.pdf
    252.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 9713_s09_ms_2.pdf
    192.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 9713_w11_qp_2.pdf
    118.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 9713_s09_qp_2.pdf
    118.1 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
I need 9713_w11_qp_2 , and 9713_s09_qp_2 questions answers with explainations ! can anyone help please ?
1st prob dt u myt encounter: qn8
qn says: dat looks up... go 2 d file n11tracks, u c dat d data is horizontally entered, so u'll use hlookup.
it says dat u've 2 look up d album name, which is there in d 4th,5th character of code, and dat u'll hv 2 extract, so use d Mid function(coz u need data 4m d middle). 4mat dis as number by putting dis mid function btwn brackets of d Value function. eg.=hlookup(value(mid(B9,4,2)),...
d rest is straight4wrd: table array is n11tracks, select 4m wr u need d names 2 cm, etc...

hope it helped, by d Will of Allah
all d best(y)

Reaction score
the question “Documents for publication need to have accurate content and be error free”

examiner want the candidates to discuss the features of Ms word or methods to make any documentation accurate and error free
see these features
in review tab
  • proofing
  • spelling checking methods
  • track changes method
  • comparing two typed files
explain what they are and how you can use it , for that use Ms word help to use them

hope it answer the question :D
Thank you very much for your help.

Reaction score
so hw do i import wn access doesnt allow importing xcel sheets(xcept in csv 4mt)?

no no you wont catch my points
CSV comma separated value files only contain values it wont save formula like (XLS) excel files.

CSV format is the file which is mostly used in transferring data in bulk from one database to another so it wont require formulas

hope you got it now.

Reaction score
no no you wont catch my points
CSV comma separated value files only contain values it wont save formula like (XLS) excel files.

CSV format is the file which is mostly used in transferring data in bulk from one database to another so it wont require formulas

hope you got it now.
so hw do i import w/o n error coming? n jazakallah, i did understand dat 1 :)

Reaction score
Guys i have problem in AICT paper , may june 2008 step number 6 and 8
s08 qp2
q6-- "..enter a 4mula 2 extract...third character of BusCode"<--dat says dat u've 2 remove sm characters 4m inside(middle) n thus, u'll use d mid function. eg in d cell F8, =Mid(A8,3,1) A8 is d cell ref 4 bus code, 3 coz u've 2 start 'picking' 4m d 3rd character, n 1 coz u ony need 1 character, ie "1"[4m d bs code]
q8--"..use a lookup function.."<--u've 2 use lookup(v/h according 2 d data). destination code can b extracted as done 4 d Route code(above). it appears dat u noe d rest of d lookup function, itz d same as in q7

May Allah(swt) help us all and keep us on the Straight Path. Aameen
All d best(y)
hope it helped, beiznillah:)

Reaction score
so hw do i import w/o n error coming? n jazakallah, i did understand dat 1 :)

To import Data available in CSV with out Error
Follow the Steps
  1. in CSV Importing mostly one has to face few errors.
  2. if you face error always check the import error table created by the wizard ( it will pin point the column which is creating error)
  3. if you able to find the column who is creating error check these
    1. Check Data type and the data shown in CSV files , or given in paper by the examiner
    2. if it is date field Then always choose the format in which the date is available in CSV format(e.g in csv file date is given like 24/2/1972, it means now in advance select the DMY because the data is in DMY , even your computer has different format it will automatically adjusted
    3. some time examiner put an error in the file purposefully to disturb the student so they should know how to MANIPULATE the data.
    4. specially he put another row with single entry , in that case we have to delete that row to import the data
  4. mostly student take telephone number is Number but it is treated as Text, because we never use it in any calculation
Hope it answer the question :D

Reaction score
The garage does not purchase cars for less than £500 or sell cars for less than £1000..>>.ques from s10..dis ques does not have d specific coloumns..like ders nothing like purchase!

Reaction score
The garage does not purchase cars for less than £500 or sell cars for less than £1000..>>.ques from s10..dis ques does not have d specific coloumns..like ders nothing like purchase!
These are Validations used in Access Tables.
*in jxcars table you have saleprice and purchaseprice
follow these steps
  1. go to the design mode of the table
  2. select purchaseprice field
  3. in properties you will see two validation rule validation text
  4. in validation rule put this command >=500 because less then 500 should not allowed
  5. in validation text write less then 500 is not allowed
  6. Go to Saleprice field select it
  7. in properties put this command >=1000
  8. in validation text write less then 1000 is not allowed
  9. save it and test the validation

Reaction score
These are Validations used in Access Tables.
*in jxcars table you have saleprice and purchaseprice
follow these steps
  1. go to the design mode of the table
  2. select purchaseprice field
  3. in properties you will see two validation rule validation text
  4. in validation rule put this command >=500 because less then 500 should not allowed
  5. in validation text write less then 500 is not allowed
  6. Go to Saleprice field select it
  7. in properties put this command >=1000
  8. in validation text write less then 1000 is not allowed
  9. save it and test the validation

jazakallah sir

Reaction score
I'm an ICT student in AS
I have a problem in the paper 2009 m/j p2 question 10
here is the question
10. Select from all the records only the customers that have booked more than one
holiday. Calculate for each of these customers the average price of their holidays.
Include within the report only the Forename, Surname and the summary data.
Group this data by the number of holidays booked. Sort the data within each group into
ascending order of Surname, then into ascending order of Forename. For each group
show the number of customers and the average cost of the holidays. Make sure that
the average costs are formatted into the same currency format as the cost field.
Add the title Customers with more than one holiday to the report. Make sure that the
report fits on a single page and that all data and labels are visible. Place your name,
Centre number and candidate number in the header of your report.

should i use query design or query wizard
iif you have solution to the question please answer me
thanksss