• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer Studies Project or ATC?

Reaction score
I'm a student of O'level Computer Studies appearing in 2013. I'm hearing CIE people are starting to encourage students to do Computer Studies Paper 3 (Alternatvie to Coursework). What should I do? The project or Paper 3? I thought I should leave a thread here so any experienced person can help me out. I need to know urgently. Thank you.

Reaction score
Some one please kindly help in this regard I'm a teacher and some of the other computer teachers I met said marks are being moderated in Project and I expereinced myself too last year most of my students got B in coursework. I want my students to go for ATC as in project lot of repition over the years same type of projects students are doing and I myself don't appreciate the way projects are being done in a tedious manner and very time consuming. Need some valid reasons to motivate my students to go for ATC. Some of the students of my colleague went for ATC last year, the paper is very very easy and short and students are getting A and A*. Still other teahers are discouraging we work in a network of schools and get positive and negative feedbacks.

Reaction score
ATC= solid marks
Projects are messy..don't even consider them if you have an option..only need to work a little harder for ATC

Reaction score
ATC any time man...its easy and plus not much stress ;)

Reaction score
I'm a student of O'level Computer Studies appearing in 2013. I'm hearing CIE people are starting to encourage students to do Computer Studies Paper 3 (Alternatvie to Coursework). What should I do? The project or Paper 3? I thought I should leave a thread here so any experienced person can help me out. I need to know urgently. Thank you.
Doing ATC is better. projects are time consuming.