• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer Studies preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How to prepare for computer studies? Which book to use? How to go about the syllabus? I am confused. Please help me!

Reaction score
your sir should have given you 5-6 booklets which contain the whole stuff needed to ace the exam ...
Did u get it ?

Reaction score
Shezi, you should have got 5 booklets from your teacher for the 2011 syllabus. Read through them carefully and be sure to ask any doubt here. I'd be glad to help and so will many other forumers at XPF (Computers are my favourite :p )

Reaction score
salmanpakrocks said:
Use Stephen Doyle !! It is very good book but very costly !! :) :mrgreen:
Stephan Doyle's book is really helpful but i feel that it is a bit out of date :p Book was written in early 2000's and computers have changed DRASTICALLY since then :p

Reaction score
Yeah but there are some things in it which are according to CIE syllabus !! CIE computer studies syllabus is also outdated :p

Reaction score
salmanpakrocks said:
Yeah but there are some things in it which are according to CIE syllabus !! CIE computer studies syllabus is also outdated :p
yeah I completely agree with you on that but my guess is with the 2011 session, their syllabus is expanded to cover new-age ICT topics ;)

Reaction score
Sorry not the TOPICAL but PAST PAPERS exist dude...see the attached Picture !!! :D

Please can u suggest some study material other than this ???

Attachments

• DSC0270.jpg
    DSC0270.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 121
Reaction score
Booklet ?? I just told them that best book for CIE preparation is Stepen Doyle but its kinda little out dated and furthermore we were discussing about the Topical past papers of Computer studies which ofcourse don't exisit. :)

Reaction score
then i will be saying that they are talking about the notes given by their respective teacher !!

Reaction score
Yes Im going to give computer this may

@intelnehalem. So how come you and dragonninja both have them? R those booklets prepared by your sir or are they from CIE?

Status
Not open for further replies.