• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer Studies Notes + Tips + Queries

Reaction score
Can anyone explain white box and black box testing?
I have also seen Alpha, Beta ... testing in the marking scheme. What is that?

to explain white box and black box testing think of the entire system as a "box". In white box, you input data and see if the output is as expected. if not, you go thro the code and de-bug it. so in this case the box is transparent i.e the code is taken into consideration when testing.
In,black box, you just input data and see what the output is and the code is not taken into consideration here so here the "box" is thought of as "opaque"

This is how black box and white box was explained to me.....
If i get a better definition,ill let u know...
hope u understand this though

Alpha and beta testing are simple concepts. Alpha is done by the software devs ,who test the system and de-bug it ,and beta is done by the end use/client, (sort of like how win 8.1 was released to the public as a "beta version".) If the end user comes across any errors,etc they wud report it to the devs.

Reaction score
Well here is the guess paper by Sir Tanvir. It contains a sample flow chart on the scenerio of INTERNET-BASED BOOKING SYSTEM FOR TOURS OF A FAMOUS AUTHORS HOUSE.
Hope it would help. :D

Attachments

• INTERNET-BASED BOOKING SYSTEM FOR TOURS OF A FAMOUS AUTHORS HOUSE SOLVED-2.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
Reaction score
I am also posting Practice Paper for Computer Studies Paper 1 and notes of ATC by Sir Tanvir.

Attachments

• O LEVEL COMPUTER STUDIES - PRACTICE QUESTIONS FOR CIE EXAMS 2014 - PAPER 1 - SOLVED.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 41
  • SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE - HANDOUT 2012 - 2014 - Copy.pdf
    7.5 MB · Views: 37
Reaction score
People any tips ?just tell me the major parts to remember
ZPWb7iM.gif