• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer Studies in one year?!

Reaction score
Hi, Computer studies was recently introduced in my school as an option besides bio. I was wondering if it could be dont in one year?

So, is it possible or is the syllabus too lenghty/difficult to be covered in a year.

Thanks

Reaction score
I was wondering if it could be dont in one year?
What do u mean by this ??
Anyways i would say not to opt for Computer studies as there is a lot of theory and making the project will cause u hinderance in studies but it does not contain any Hard conceptual work rather is easy to learn !! but the syllabus is indeed very lengthy !!

Reaction score
I meant can it be "done" in a year :p

Anyway thankyou for sharing that. I've decided I will ask my teacher if she will be able to help me study it in a year,

if not, then i'll continue with bio which i personally DISLIKE :(

Reaction score
xmariam3x said:
I meant can it be "done" in a year :p

Anyway thankyou for sharing that. I've decided I will ask my teacher if she will be able to help me study it in a year,

if not, then i'll continue with bio which i personally DISLIKE :(
yeah consult your teacher, he/she will guide u correctly :)

Reaction score
One year?! Dude. I did it in two months. I had to give extra subjects and I chose computers as one. (Though the project, i didn't make myself. I got it made from a teacher) So i just had to do the theory. I did it in two/one month. Past papers. That's all you need to do. And get a teacher to make you understand algorithms. that's all.
Btw, I got an A in computers.

Reaction score
yes, you can do computers in a year. we didn't have computer teacher until December and projects were to be submitted in Feb probably. We made projects and studied theory. Whole batch scored A (90% and above).

Not just that it is useful in life but it is way too interesting than Biology. ;)

Reaction score
You can easily do it in one year. Probably even less than that. You can get help from your Computer teacher and finish the project within a few months.

As for the syllabus, it's not that big. I remember someone posted a .ZIP file consisting of 5 booklets and like 80% of the questions in the Computer paper are taken from there. You should also practice past papers of the last 5-10 years as many questions tend to be repeated.

If you gain full (or almost marks) in the project and have a mediocre exam paper, you can still easily get an A. IMO, getting an A in Computer is far more easier than getting one in Biology.

Not just that it is useful in life but it is way too interesting than Biology.
Agreed, but then again, that's an opinion.

Reaction score
NO future for computer studies IMO. :evil: .TAke biology and you are set to have a successful life in front of you