• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

computer project..

Reaction score
AOA Sir you may remember me from a few days ago, when I asked you about the stock control system and you told me it would be good to make an update query to update stock values. My idea was that I will make a query and tell it to take the input for the update of current stock levels from a text box on the stock form and a small button below it saying update which simply runs that query.
View attachment 21183
I tried it and it does work, well about half. As when I enter a value to change the current stock remaining it changes the values of every records current stock. Is there any way I can restrict it to updating the value of only the record being viewed in the form?
View attachment 21184

Thank You Sir.

Danish Farid.

Danish the problem with the query is it should update the only one particular transaction not all entries

open the form from where you wanna fetch the id
go into the query design mode
under ID right click in criteria and go to build menu and select expression builder
in expression builder like this example of library management project enter a code to that id which should be loaded from form

[Forms]![student ENTRY FORM]![issue subform].[Form]![book issue id]

now while running it from form it will get the id and update the single value rather then many

with out teacher its hard to understand these type of work. hope it work for you

Reaction score
It worked! Thank You Thank you Thank You Thank you.

Yes, it takes the current value of the ID which is at the time open in the form and it uses that without the user knowing to cross reference the update to only that record. Works absolutely fine. Many Thanks again Sir. At first I was worried I would have to delete the whole stock control element and how much trouble that would cause.

I'm extremely grateful to you sir!

Danish.

You've already helped me so much I feel a little stupid asking another question but if you don't mind. Could you recommend a book for the O level Computer Syllabus and how would you recommend we study for the exam?

Reaction score
It worked! Thank You Thank you Thank You Thank you.

Yes, it takes the current value of the ID which is at the time open in the form and it uses that without the user knowing to cross reference the update to only that record. Works absolutely fine. Many Thanks again Sir. At first I was worried I would have to delete the whole stock control element and how much trouble that would cause.

I'm extremely grateful to you sir!

Danish.

You've already helped me so much I feel a little stupid asking another question but if you don't mind. Could you recommend a book for the O level Computer Syllabus and how would you recommend we study for the exam?

thanks beta, for paper use computer studies coursebook , best yet the market

:D

Reaction score
AOA Sir. Wanted to ask you about the Top-Down design for the Technical Documentation. I just don't understand what I have to give in it. Could you please explain it to me?

Thank YOU Sir.

Reaction score
AOA Sir. Wanted to ask you about the Top-Down design for the Technical Documentation. I just don't understand what I have to give in it. Could you please explain it to me?

Thank YOU Sir.

TOP Down Design/Modular Programing/Jackson Daigram/step wise refinement

is the same terminology used in the developement of the software, mostly programmers team use this technique to develop software dividing its in different sections/modules and again dividing them in to sub modules and the employ programers on every section because
  • it helps in locating errors in it
  • easy to deal and to solve because a small section is there to solve
then once all section is sucessfully created will be combine together to formulate complete software.

in project you have to make a daigram which shows all forms connected to one main menu , if there are some sub form you have to indicate it as well in it. then explain which form should be deal first and which one will be the next to complete the task till end

hope it answer the question :D

Reaction score
Also in the technical documentation. Do we need to give any design view's of forms or reports and one more thing what are input output requirements? Is it hardware?

Also are algorithms needed? Or are giving Flowcharts in Design and the same in Documentation enough?

Reaction score
Also in the technical documentation. Do we need to give any design view's of forms or reports and one more thing what are input output requirements? Is it hardware?

Also are algorithms needed? Or are giving Flowcharts in Design and the same in Documentation enough?

In technical documentation one has to show these points

• Input out put layouts
  • algo/program listing
  • DFD/System Charts
  • Validation rules
Input output lay outs: systen analyst draw all input screens on a chart that how input forms will look like using paper pencil. after words programmers will follow the same theme to create forms in Acces or in any other program. ( they are not hardware)

yes you have to include the forms but their layouts which you have created in design section.

yes Algos needed here , it wont matter copy the DFD in technical documentation as well even they are in design

hope it answer the question :D

Reaction score
Alright got it, don't give design views, give views from the design section. I don't think we have to copy the description over do we? Just the layout.

About the Validation rules, I'll copy the code over but I'll leave the description and all the other Code.

Does that sound right?

Many Thanks
Danish

Reaction score
Also Algorithms can be through pseudo code or flowcharts right? I think I remember reading that in the guide.

Beyond that should I give the algorithm for every single Menu (SubMenus's as well) in technical documentation?

Danish

Reaction score
AOA Sir. I've finished the project, but I'm having some trouble with the page limit which I seem to have exceeded quite a bit. Can you give me any tips to reduce it? How much can I refer back to previous sections, where I can cut corners, what is not needed?

Thanks.
Danish

Reaction score
Also Algorithms can be through pseudo code or flowcharts right? I think I remember reading that in the guide.

Beyond that should I give the algorithm for every single Menu (SubMenus's as well) in technical documentation?

Danish

Danish Enough for the project beta, for O level beta this level is sufficient enough.