• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Commerce Paper 1 ( Discussion)

Reaction score
Hey guys !
How was your paper ?
It was very easy and some questions also came from past papers.

2 questions which confused me were,
One was to write the method of appeal of that was used for SHINY LIPSTICKS, I ticked FAMOUS PEOPLE, what did you guys write ?

And another one was the reason why the Sales manager used TELECONFERENCE to arrange a meeting with sales representatives, I chose option D ( no travel time and accommodation costs).

I need replies guys !

Reaction score
the paper was rokin if smeone can inbox me the right ans i want to check wat i wrote is right or not..plz cant wait :D

Reaction score
KarachiRocker said:
Hey guys !
How was your paper ?
It was very easy and some questions also came from past papers.

2 questions which confused me were,
One was to write the method of appeal of that was used for SHINY LIPSTICKS, I ticked FAMOUS PEOPLE, what did you guys write ?

And another one was the reason why the Sales manager used TELECONFERENCE to arrange a meeting with sales representatives, I chose option D ( no travel time and accommodation costs).

I need replies guys !

For A it was emotion NOT famous people..it was meant to play on people's emotions..simply becoming attractive wont make you an actress!
second one is correct

And what did you write to the following>..
How will commerce assist in industry..?
Bank loan characteristics?
and the qtn for which a fax page was given?

Reaction score
Dude, do you remember the tagline of that ad ? it was wriiten YOU CAN BE A CENTRE OF ATTRACTION or something like that. So, EMOTION is definitely not the correct answer, and i am 99% sure its FAMOUS PEOPLE.

Reaction score
Yar attraction wont make you famous..plus for famous one check olevel commerce by Mary trigwell
there an example has been provided..it says wearing NIke shoes will help you play futball like David Beckham!
this is it ..and it does plays on ur emotions. women will be ready to buy the product
playing on emotions means..to get the people believe u

Reaction score
If this is the case, you are RIGHT ! Lets ask others' opinions too :p My 6th sense is saying it was famous people :p
Any other questions that you found tricky or doubtful ?

Reaction score
The correct answer of the transport with less operational costs was PIPELINES right ? Other options were Sea, Air and ?

Reaction score
Yes it was pipeline!
How will commerce assist in industry..?
Bank loan characteristics?
and the qtn for which a fax page was given?
the factors of location one..which was the rite option?

Reaction score
Commerce will assist the industry- The option with specialization was correct.
Bank Loan- A fixed agreement wala option was right.
Fax Page--- Not voice mail, nor fax number, the Tel number was correct i think because he wanted to SPEAK not INFORM

Reaction score
Not it doesnt!..even if he is centre of attraction..will it make him famous! :)
and waisay the eg of David Beckham..and other FAMOUS PEOPLE when they are associated with the product then it wudhave been right
and also CENTRE OF ATTRACTION must have been A SINGLE PERSON NOT PEOPLE!

Reaction score
Containers- I had confusion in that but it would reduce WAREHOUSING costs, this is what its written in the book ( advantages of containerization ) So i ticked this option.
Regarding port authority question, It was collecting custom duties.